Happy 2nd Anniversary Droid One !!

drt054

Reaction score
the motorola droid is a great device but sorry to say i moved on to what i thought would be better in a lte lg revolution but that is not the case. my moto droid 1 is currently sitting pretty with a fresh cm7.1 install as my alarm clock. but as i am growing more disgruntled with lg's latest piece of crap i may be going back to the moto droid i loved so much :biggrin:

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Memories...

lets take a stroll down memory lane

[video=youtube;07OE7jvl02M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07OE7jvl02M[/video]

I got the OG Droid in May 2010 after I got fed up with my HTC Touch Pro 2 freezing up constantly. It was a shame because it was a great phone, other than being saddled with WinMo 6.5. Verizon switched me out to a OG Droid and I haven't looked back. It was like a breath of fresh air. Android was much more functional than WinMo 6.5 and easy to use. I have a Droid 3 now and that phone continues that legacy. Great job Motorola and Google.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm not sure what a Droid One or a OG Droid is but i purchased my "DROID" on Dec 2nd. I don't think the "DROID" name should be cheapened by adding a One, 1 or OG to it. Just my opinion tho.

Droid One just means the 1st droid. It's in no way cheapening it.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
got mine on launch day, and still using it. if the Droid 4 would have a 4.3 inch screen i definately would get it. since it dont i will be getting a Razr.

Last edited:

jedihep

Reaction score
I love my OG Droid. I ransomed my soul to get her and love it as much as the day that I got it. They are not building the phones to the same standard as they did when they made the OG! I've dropped kicked it half way down the block (by accident), thrown it (on purpose), sat on it in my back pocket too many times to count, and flopped my truck tire on it when I was rotating the tires on my full size pickup. Show me one standard phone today that could survive the abuse that I've inflicted on my trusty sidekick. Now they worry about weight and make the phones primarily out of plastic. Then everyone wonders why the phones don't last! Give me a phone again that feels as if it is really a substantial piece of equipment and engineered with the forward thinking that the OG was! 2 years later and my friend is still relevant and just as useful. Yes there are faster devices now and ones with more flash than my baby but 2 years out will they have the support, following, and survival capability that the OG Droid has I doubt it! I'll use my girl until they build a comparable phone, then she'll get framed and put on my wall in such a way that I can still get to her easily so I can still fool around with her. The OG Droid is an amazing and ground breaking device in every respect and I will grieve the day that she goes on the wall.

Last edited:

empoweredh22

Reaction score
I got my Droid in April 2010. Still using it, even if it's god awful slow now. Can't wait for my Galaxy Nexus but I'd never get rid of my good ol og Droid. It took me forever to get rid of my old Razr too. That phone was rock solid dependable and awesome and definitely ahead of its time just like the Droid. Long live og Droid.

poooookah78

Reaction score
oh man, I can't believe it's been a year. I went to my brother's house and he had bought a Droid, he let me play with it and I couldn't believe how awesome it was. It's funny, he didn't realize how awesome the phone was, I did. This was November of 2009. My Girlfriend at the time (now fiance) didn't like it so much.. :p But now she accepts it.

One quick thing, remember how the OG Droid wasn't hyped at all in relation to other phones? I mean, after it came out, it was very popular and everyone got behind it, but not before release... back then that was strictly an iPhone thing.

Can't wait to buy a Nexus... I will never get rid of the OG Droid though! :)

Vakharn

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since the beginning, and even though I'm about to upgrade (probably to a Galaxy Nexus) it's still a great device and works fine. Yeah, it's gotten slower as I've overloaded it with modern apps, but it's still entirely servicable. My girlfriend will be getting it to use as an MP3 player and WIFI only device when I upgrade and I'm sure when she unloads half the junk I've got on it it'll run as good as new.

vonfink13

Reaction score
got mine two years ago today too..and it is still the exact one i got from best buy that first day.....love my og droid...but its time has come...looks like it will be replaced by the razr...hopefully it will last me 2 years...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I was a little late to the party and actually got mine on the launch day for the incredible. I went to best buy because they had a sweet deal on them, $99 I believe. I remember it was launch day because you could not get the incredible anywhere but they had 4 in stock where I bought the D1. The guy was insistent that I wanted the incredible but I did not give in. Started hacking it, got hooked on Android, got hooked on DF and I am still here, more active then ever :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
And where are my manners. Happy Birthday Droid 1!!

(Could not edit my post to include this, I don't have permissions set up here lol)

djsiva

Reaction score
I had always been a Windows Phone (or Windows Mobile back then) junkie, and I was a flashaholic then too. The D1 was my leap from WP to Android, and I've never looked back. I've had the D1, DX, Thunderbolt, Bionic, and I'll be getting the Nexus when it comes out. I <3 Android. :)

alienware777

Reaction score
I got my Droid in April 2010. Still using it, even if it's god awful slow now. Can't wait for my Galaxy Nexus but I'd never get rid of my good ol og Droid. It took me forever to get rid of my old Razr too. That phone was rock solid dependable and awesome and definitely ahead of its time just like the Droid. Long live og Droid.

Are you like my brother or something? I had a Razr for 5 years because it was the greatest phone there was even though it was no longer new. Still have it today actually, sitting in my closet. Then I bought an OG droid and have had it for 2 years. And I'm planning on buying the Galaxy Nexus when its out. We're on the same track o_O ... Please PM me in two years telling me what phone your planning on buying so that I may take your suggestion into consideration lmao.