WSJ Confirms Droid Bionic Delay

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-release.jpg

The Wall Street Journal has confirmed what many of us were hoping to be only rumors with the delays surrounding the Motorola Droid Bionic. According to the article Motorola had initially planned on the Bionic releasing during the second quarter of 2011. The new Verizon Wireless launch date has been narrowed down to a late "summer" release with “several enhancements to make this an ever better consumer experience,” according to a Motorola spokesperson.

Let us know how this changes your upgrade plans?

Source: WSJ.com

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Curious, but why is everyone jumping for joy over the Bionic? I mean with the Incredible 2 coming and the Droid X2 coming...its not really an amazing phone. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Anyone kno if its still the Etna or is it gonna be the Targa, with VZW renaming it the Bionic. That's what I've been hearing around the forums. But nothing confirmed on that. Either of them sound good tho. I did hear that the reason why the Etna may be canceled was because the 4G radio band wasn't making nice with Nvidias Tegra2 chip in the configuration they had the Etna in.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Reaction score
Curious, but why is everyone jumping for joy over the Bionic? I mean with the Incredible 2 coming and the Droid X2 coming...its not really an amazing phone. Am I missing something?

When you factor in that there's a dual core processor under the hood AND it's a true first-gen 4G device with LTE...that's something to get excited about. It's like having the speed of a desktop with high speed internet in the palm of your hand!

Incredible 2 and X2 will be fast phones for sure but without 4G capabilities they're definitely not as fast online as they are off. The future's looking good and I'm stoked!!! :rockon:

Beardface

Reaction score
Boy am i glad I went with the TBolt when I did. An already good phone made better with today's update, and I'll have it for a good 6 months before anyone touches their hands on the Bionic.... And 6 months after that, I'll be thinking of updating again...

dancedroid

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Boy am i glad I went with the TBolt when I did. An already good phone made better with today's update, and I'll have it for a good 6 months before anyone touches their hands on the Bionic.... And 6 months after that, I'll be thinking of updating again...

dancedroid

Same here loving my TB I was gunna wait but I was like nahhhh. TB runs great on 4G and dont think it will be any different on motorola since they will probably load it up with things that take away the nice effect of it having a dual core.

droidbio

Reaction score
I will buy the best 4g phone before the tiered data begins.
It its a Thunderbolt that's fine but I love my D1 and I am leary of Samsung.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Same, glad I got the Thunderbolt. All the more power to those who want to wait for locked bootloaders and bloatware - I mean Motorola phones! <cough>

kjumper187

Reaction score
:icon_evil: Not happy. And if it is a "stripped" down as they were saying it was gonna be...I'm waiting for nothing. :icon_evil:

CalvaryMike

Reaction score
This has already been discussed here. But, I agree that I'll wait until VZW announces the tiered program. I'm sure just as AT&T did, they'll announce it and everyone that isn't already in, will have a chance to get the unlimited program. Then, I'll get the latest 4G phone at that time.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
TB is unlocked and loving it glad I upgraded from my d1 its so much faster and a qay better experience glad i switched lovin the thunder right nah