Happy 2nd Anniversary Droid One !!

jerroedr

Reaction score
i still rock mine, waiting for the nexus, and reviews on it first. the d1 is a trooper (as i type this it randomly reboots) the camera is crap with cm but i love this and will be rooted fo life!

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Had mine since day 1 and loved this forum, and looking back I was the 33rd person to sign in here (I needed a lot of help:biggrin:

Pretty banged up now, none of the bottom row of button lights anymore and there is more silver than black on the frame.

Never used the keyboard except to reload new software!

Getting the GN in two weeks.

Ron W.

Durania

Reaction score
I was one of the last to get the droid 1. After 6 LG Env3 replacements, Verizon gave me a good deal on the D1. At the time, it was the BOGO on them so my wife and I both have them. I have been on a custom rom since April and have been extremely happy with the phone. Not sure what I will upgrade to when it comes time though.

chewy74

Reaction score
its scary how fast cell technology has advanced since the birth of the droid 1 just 2 years ago...

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was one of the last to get the droid 1. After 6 LG Env3 replacements, Verizon gave me a good deal on the D1. At the time, it was the BOGO on them so my wife and I both have them. I have been on a custom rom since April and have been extremely happy with the phone. Not sure what I will upgrade to when it comes time though.

If you want a phone that's as easy or almost as easy to root and put custom roms and kernels on your best bet would be the galaxy nexus, most phones these days are much harder to root and install custom roms

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

kdroyd

Reaction score
I got my Moto Droid about a year ago. I am still using it and right now it's actually surprising me how well it's working. Except for not receiving all text messages and the battery life, it's amazing. It's held up great and I couldn't be happier with my first smart phone. Sadly I will not be sticking with Motorola for my second phone. After much research and debating in my head, I'm switching to Samsung as the Nexus has more pros in my mind than the RAZR. Unless of course another phone comes out before I make the switch....