[BREAKING] Verizon Closing Major Loophole For Legacy Plan Users Today

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's nothing inadvertently wrong with what Verizon is doing. It makes perfect sense and is the way it always should have been. BUT at least in the past Verizon seemed to somewhat care about keeping customers. Now they've reached a point where they can feel like "you take it OUR way or the HIGHWAY...WE own you"

Idk
They began to take the "my way or highway" stance soon after assimilating Alltel into their cdma collective.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When I see data use like this, I am glad Verizon is closing these loopholes
any3uhyj.jpg

Heero121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 3
any3uhyj.jpg
i know there are numbers on a page and im supposed to see something obvious, but im not sure i understand what im looking at :/..unless in fact i am seeing it accurately and there are people out there that are using 2K GB worth of data a month...wait..in a MONTH?!

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
DMX, I misread your post at first and responded incorrectly on twitter. Wanted to post here to clarify what I meant.

Although I've never heard of that particular loophole, I do have one that will work every time. Before doing this trick, make sure you already have a feature phone that can be activated on Verizon's network. The loophole is to ADD a line and purchase the smartphone of choice for that line. Then you switch the new phone to your line. Now you activate a feature phone (dumbphone) onto the new line and suspend it. Yes you'll have a line that you are paying $9.99 a month for, that you're not even using, however, let's do the math:

Because of the fact that you are ADDING a new line, this "loophole" can never be eliminated. You will only be able to do this every 2 years though. Once the contract runs out on the new line with the feature phone, drop the line. Want to upgrade 2 years later? Do it again. You also will not be losing your unlimited data by doing this (if you still have it).

This IS the loophole.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
any3uhyj.jpg
kilobyte unlimited? 48.62 kb? I'm confused... I see someone using 2gb below... and someone using 2 gb on the top but the middle? that kilobyte not gigabyte correct? 88.03kb is. well it's not alot.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think this will actually affect that many people to the point they will completely abandon ship. I had unlimited data, gave it away, and don't regret it. I didn't need it, and a lot of people with it now don't really need it. It was abused, Verizon took notice, and here we are on limited plans. I'm not surprised.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Can titles not be changed in this new format??!?!

Common sense dictates that if you can edit your post to say it's 8/24....you should be able to change the title of the thread so folks like me who know it's 8/24 don't read the title on this site and get worked up.

Reaction score
the kilo-unlim. is how the system represents the unlimited data. It's still in gigs. so that person is using...a lot. I've seen a lot of usage here go sky high. But I can see why Vz wants to lower the congestion on some specific users, even though we cry foul. However, targeting only unlim. users is pretty low. We're still paying the same amount every month, just like every other Vz customer...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
the kilo-unlim. is how the system represents the unlimited data. It's still in gigs. so that person is using...a lot. I've seen a lot of usage here go sky high. But I can see why Vz wants to lower the congestion on some specific users, even though we cry foul. However, targeting only unlim. users is pretty low. We're still paying the same amount every month, just like every other Vz customer...
Ok, that is pretty ridiculous, I've gone a bit high this month myself, I'm at 13gb with 8 days left, however I did flash my phone with a new rom while on the road and was downloading my apps sans wifi, this doesn't happen often.

I personally use about 10gb a month, I cannot afford to spend the money they want for 10gb. I use so much because I drive alot while listening to google play music and have no wifi while driving. I feel that's with the amount of data consumption and the way there is this push for cloud services the 2gb a month is just a little on the low side. I wouldn't have a problem with plans like 5gb 10gb 15gb for $20 $30 $40 or $30 $40 $50 and honestly would it hurt their bottom line that much? stop being so damned greedy Big Red.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are other loopholes very similar that will still work. But they won't work for everyone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No there will be no mass exodus from VZW over this. I chuckle every time something new is implemented and the same question arises every tiime. Where does the mass exodus go now? Thought so.

Reaction score
I used about 7gigs average when I was at college. The wifi didn't reach very well in my suit so I opted my phone for the usage. I made sure to root it so I didn't have to pay the extra fee to do so. Now that I'm home it doesn't matter much if I have it or not, but if I move out again..i shall use it again! Now it's the basic principle of the fact. Vz wants to put it's foot in it's mouth for offering too good of a service? Oh well! Suck it up buttercup!

Red Droid

Reaction score
I'd still like to see the actual numbers for data use, not the ripped from thin air "4.7Gb" is more than 95% of all users.

Again, if bandwidth is so horribly congested, why does VZW continue to push video apps like the NFL?