WSJ Confirms Droid Bionic Delay

Reaction score
My thoughts EXACTLY! I am getting the first dual-core LTE vzw gets... it was gonna be the bionic, but if a different one comes sooner... tough luck

You have just been post-pwned.

elucid

Reaction score
My thoughts EXACTLY! I am getting the first dual-core LTE vzw gets... it was gonna be the bionic, but if a different one comes sooner... tough luck

You have just been post-pwned.

As long as the battery life is decent... i'm in too. Itching to upgrade my D1.

BlacknTan

Reaction score
well unless it is a Samsung.... I want my dual core 4G phone to be supported down the line.... lol

lol. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Although I might consider a samsung if I could load an upgraded rom on it. But even then it would be my last choice. I'd much rather stick with moto... even with an encrypted bootloader. As long as I can root, i'm okay.

From what I've read though, the galaxy S2 isn't going to be out in the US until late august/early september anyway

Reaction score
But don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you, getting delay after delay is friggin annoying and then they try to talk to us like were idiots by releasing some statement that's is full of crap, instead of just being honest and telling us he real reasons. We as consumer respond better to the truth, and I myseld love my moto phone and would have a lot more respect for the company themselves if they would just be honest about the reasons for delays.

Agree 100%. That was the point of my rant. I don't mind waiting a few more months if they change to the Targa. There's a lot of things I like about that phone and it would be worth the wait.... especially if the camera is as good as it looks to be. I like moto products, especially their build quality. But ffs don't talk down to me like i'm an idiot.

I have heard a lot about the camera, what have you heard. I can't remember what phone it is, but there's some android phone on VZW, coming out this year that has like a 12mp camera. I saw that on phonescoop.com somewhere.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

BlacknTan

Reaction score
I have heard a lot about the camera, what have you heard. I can't remember what phone it is, but there's some android phone on VZW, coming out this year that has like a 12mp camera. I saw that on phonescoop.com somewhere.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Well the targa is said to have not only a 13 mp camera, but there is a bulge on the back of the device, where the camera lens is, that puts increased distance between the lens and the sensor. This is supposed to help provide superior focusing ability and improve low light shots.

My biggest beef with my og droid's camera is that it is terrible in low light conditions. If the rumors are true, the Targa will have the best smartphone camera ever released.

allan1313

Reaction score
I have always been disappointed in the moto cameras. I hope they do put that targa camera in the "Bionic".

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

stevegun

Reaction score
I have one line upgrade available and the other is up for a party in 3 months....the problem is I definitely got the D1 within the first week of its release....the newest, coolest, fastest, blah, blah blah...if you also couldn't wait for the D1, you also share the bitterness I felt after about 4 months, when new, better "best" phones started rollin out. I will not be upgrading to the bionic...at least not within the firstt 4 months, I will sit back and wait for the Bionic X, Bionic Incredible, or the Bionic Oh My M'er Effin God! Either way not fallin in that pool of tears again....agree?

Last edited by a moderator:

soulpatch

Reaction score
I have one line upgrade available and the other is up for a party in 3 months....the problem is I definitely got the D1 within the first week of its release....the newest, coolest, fastest, blah, blah blah...if you also couldn't wait for the D1, you also share the bitterness I felt after about 4 months, when new, better "best" phones started rollin out. I will not be upgrading to the bionic...at least not within the firstt 4 months, I will sit back and wait for the Bionic X, Bionic Incredible, or the Bionic Oh My M'er Effin God! Either way not fallin in that pool of tears again....agree?

Nope. If you go by that mentality then you will never buy a phone again as there will ALWAYS be something bigger and better on the horizon. You pick something that works for you and go get it. A year or two later you upgrade again to get something better....

Last edited by a moderator:

Geikamir

Reaction score
Plus, with the chance that the Bionic can have the specs of the Tegra, there won't be too many things to "kill" it for well into 2012 it seems.

I mean, it's possible that the Bionic could even be upgraded to a quad core and a 13 MP camera.

sdandya

Reaction score
bionic

I just HAVE to wait for the Bionic...that's all I can say. I shall limp along with the Droid I and I mean LIMP.

Xak02

Reaction score
Good information from some friends in this thread so I have a comparison to make decisions
grey.png

All I'm seeing is a gray box.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums