Got my X2

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Had it for a day and returned it. Same as the x. Garbage.

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 Incredible

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are sticking with the 8655 chipset, why not pay $50 more and get the Revolution? Initial reports pan out, you get 4G as well and the other things you mentioned.

DX2 is dead sexy though. You are missing out ;)

The revo has less ram than inc2 and bing.

Exactly...until Android is optimized for dual core, I believe RAM is as much, if not more important than dual vs. single core. I'm not a big gamer and don't do much movie watching on my phones either.

edit: not that the X2 was bad by any means, just fyi... just had some issues I couldn't get past

Last edited:

keyblade

Reaction score
The X2 I saw in Verizon yesterday seemed laggier than the TB or INC2 for some reason.

Elkay

Reaction score
The X2 I saw in Verizon yesterday seemed laggier than the TB or INC2 for some reason.

I find it lags more than the X1. All the changes they made to motoblur to make it more like gingerbread are bogging it down I think.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

It definitely is in some cases - I don't care what anybody else says about how snappy it is with dual core. I had two X2's and they were both the same in this regard.

Part of it is HTC has done such a great job optimizing Sense on their hardware vs. Blur on Moto's hardware, and part of it is the RAM. The Bolt/Dinc2 have so much more free memory available at any given time...

It seems like the only major benefit of dual core, at this time anyway, is games and hd videos/movies.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think SenseUI has hardware acceleration so that might explain the smoothness comparison.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think SenseUI has hardware acceleration so that might explain the smoothness comparison.

ah, good to know, didn't know that - and definitely makes sense

keyblade

Reaction score
I'm just having a hard time considering the Incredible 2 when the DX2 has dual core and the Thunderbolt has 4G. The INC2 doesn't have either of those "next gen" features which makes it hard for me to consider.

However, I did like the SLCD when I saw it in stores, it was quite snappy, the battery is better than the TB, and the size is much more pocketable which makes it a nice candidate. I'm having such a hard time picking. :(

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just having a hard time considering the Incredible 2 when the DX2 has dual core and the Thunderbolt has 4G. The INC2 doesn't have either of those "next gen" features which makes it hard for me to consider.

However, I did like the SLCD when I saw it in stores, it was quite snappy, the battery is better than the TB, and the size is much more pocketable which makes it a nice candidate. I'm having such a hard time picking. :(

If you think you'll do a lot of gaming and movies, the DX2 might be for you as those are pretty nice on the dual core.

If not, then the TB/Dinc2 are likely your better options. Then it just comes down to how important battery life, 4G, and size are to you. For me they're not uber important. If I was on the go a lot and needed more/better connectivity, then 4G would come in very handy and I would just get an extended battery or keep a charger handy!

By the way, the Bolt is the only Verizon phone right now that allows talk/data at the same time... and not b/c of LTE. It has the SVDO chip so it can do it on 3G only, as well. I don't think the Charge has this, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Even saying I've "settled" on the Dinc2, I still am tempted by the Bolt... I loved my Bolt when I had it. :icon_eek:

keyblade

Reaction score
Engadget loved the incredible 2 it seems. I'd like to see their X2 review too

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Elkay

Reaction score
Just a quick follow-up on the screen. I had Kellex over at Droid Life do some side-by-sides and the screen problem can't be denied after seeing these. Nothing better than real-life examples on the devices.

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dx2-screen-compared-green.jpg

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DX2-GREEN-SCREENS.jpg

Other test (look at the battery icon checkerboard compared to the smooth DX1:

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/DX2-DX-NS-SCREENS.jpg

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you contacted him - I did as well early on with a few videos. Hopefully he'll post something up about it.

Problem is, this is the type of screen that Moto has evidently chosen for the near future - Atrix has it, D3 looks like it's going to have it...