Does DROID X2 screen scratch easily?

BetoVazq

Reaction score
Just got my X2 and I was wondering if I should buy a screen protector...I had a DROID X before and I manage to get a scratch on it.
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

droided1

Reaction score
Ive had mine for a week, and already have a scratch on it, only about half and inch, maybe little less. Dont consider myself careless with it either, usually stays in my pocket when not in use, not sure where this scratch came from.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I can confirm it scratches, which is disappointing.

I had an OG Droid for a year and that thing got the sh*t beat out of it. However, the screen was PRISTINE. Not a single scratch on it...

When I first got this phone, I immediately did research to see if it had gorilla glass like my OG. Sure enough, it did. Not as durable though obviously...

I wonder if there is any way to fill in little scratches...

OP
BetoVazq

BetoVazq

Reaction score
Well that sure sucks....I guess ill have to get a screen protector..thks for the info

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
Weird. Someone tried to steal my X2 and threw it in some bushes. It nicked the screen like a rock pits your windshield over time, but it wasn't scratched.

Mine has been flawless, but I had to get a new screen because it went crazy. Motorola also replaced the exterior glass piece as it's part of the screen unlike the OG Droid (had to get a new screen for that too, but they didn't change the outer Gorilla glass piece).

Still, I'm thinking of getting a protector too now that mine is pristine again.

barski

Reaction score
Well that sure sucks....I guess ill have to get a screen protector..thks for the info

My Droid X screen scratched so I just rather put a good screen protector on and not worry about my X and X2 getting scratched.

If you want an awesome screen protector look to SGP on Amazon.com: SGP MOTOROLA Droid X / Droid X2 [Verizon] Screen Protector Steinheil Series [ULTRA CRYSTAL]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Its the best screen protector i have ever used, doesn't have that rubbery feel like zagg and so many others have.

carguy

Reaction score
Is this common? Not a mark on my X screen since December?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone is bare, screen = flawless

Sent from my DROID X2

EvilTim

Reaction score
I got a protector on mine because it just seems pointless not to, why not spend another 15 bucks when I just dropped 200 on the phone. Scratches happen, protect your investment, right?

barski

Reaction score
Just be on the safe side and get a $13 screen protector from SGP, there is 2 in the package and it installs nice and easy.

If your the outdoors type and are not afraid to get dirty a screen protector is defiantly a must have.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I can confirm it scratches, which is disappointing.

I had an OG Droid for a year and that thing got the sh*t beat out of it. However, the screen was PRISTINE. Not a single scratch on it...

When I first got this phone, I immediately did research to see if it had gorilla glass like my OG. Sure enough, it did. Not as durable though obviously...

I wonder if there is any way to fill in little scratches...

Google touchscreen repair kit. I remember seeing something that will fill it in and make it look brand new

And to the OP. I definetly recommend getting a screen protector. Can't hurt. I got the anti glare one and it works GREAT. I can see my screen from any angle even in direct sunlight and colors are still VIBRANT. I don't even have my brightness all the wat up in sunlight to see it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. As I said. Can't hurt. And if u don't like it for some reason just take it off lol

ashclepdia

Reaction score
By the way I got the universal three pack anti glare from Verizon since they had no x2 specific ones..stroll very easy to cut to size and apply. 13 bucks I think. Three in the pack. Plus the smoothing card and screen wipe.

Question-- has anyone attempted putting a small piece. Of anti glare over their camera lense? What were the results? Better/worse pics? I just am worried I will somehow scratch the glass over the camera and be screwed on taking pics :(