Got my Turbo free, gave up unlimited data and got a hella deal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Gave up my unlimited for 6 gig of data. But I'm not too worried lol and both of my sisters both have unlimited and they moved out. I guess I can always switch to their phone lines since both of them are living out of the country at the moment :)
Do it!

maggiesdime

Reaction score
So I walked in with a stiff upper lip holding my hand up to the CSR before she said anything and said "No matter what you offer I'm not giving up my unlimited data"! I folded pretty quickly. I switched over to the Edge More Everything plan which is unlimited talk/text and 30GB data shared between my two lines for $130/month. I think the max I've ever used in a month was 20GB. The end result of this is that my 64GB Turbo was free, I got $100 in free accessories, they are going to take my trade in today, and credit another $100. Probably the best part for me is that Hot Spotting is included in this deal so I no longer have to worry about rooting or finding a workaround. That being said there appears to be an issue with the entitlement check and hot spotting is not working right now on some Turbos. VZ and Moto are aware of this. I may try to swap the phone out this afternoon to see if it helps.

-Beer
I called and requested this deal. They had it, but I was informed they would still charge the smartphone fee of $40 bucks per line on top of the $130. I would have paid more for 2 lines with limited data than I do now with 2 lines, 1 of which has unlimited. Bummer. NO WAY will I drop my unlimited for that.

krnmc

Reaction score
Idk the more I use this phone more data I use. I have two weeks left before my billing cycle and I have 1.5 gigs of data left, cutting it close... I still have 12 days to think about so well see what happens. If I get really close to 6 gigs by Monday I Might have to return this bad boy and just buy it through best buy

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
had the MAXX HD - 2 GB - 450 minutes/texts - no insurance on phone
now have the Turbo - 1 GB - unlimited minutes/texts - insurance on phone
gave up 1 GB data and the MAXX - contract wasn't up yet
now on Edge program - bill is the same as before
I'm happy - my needs are met - :)
Over the years I have learned it sometimes matters WHO you deal with as to WHAT you get.

OT - I dealt with a local VZW store - they had a program for donating old cell phones to a charity, in this case a "battered women" facility. It felt good to do this - just a thought, if you have, and don't need old cell phones.

krnmc

Reaction score
Over the years I have learned it sometimes matters WHO you deal with as to WHAT you get.

OT - I dealt with a local VZW store - they had a program for donating old cell phones to a charity, in this case a "battered women" facility. It felt good to do this - just a thought, if you have, and don't need old cell phones.
Only smart phones?

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Only smart phones for what?

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
I didn't ask about that - I had an iPhone 4 and MOTO RAZR v2 (Ioved this phone :)) - the store I deal with is a locally owned store, not a VZW corporate store, so it may just be their deal.
Worth checking into in your area,

BlueLions81

Reaction score

They wouldn't let you keep the 2GB, 450 minutes/texts plan when you switched to edge? My contract isn't up either, so I'd have to do the edge too and was wondering if I could keep my current plan. I currently have a 4GB, with 450 minutes/text plan that I have no interest in changing. I don't need unlimited talk and text, I'd rather have more data.

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
They wouldn't let you keep the 2GB, 450 minutes/texts plan when you switched to edge? My contract isn't up either, so I'd have to do the edge too and was wondering if I could keep my current plan. I currently have a 4GB, with 450 minutes/text plan that I have no interest in changing. I don't need unlimited talk and text, I'd rather have more data.

The clerk looked at my useage and decided the 1GB was enough and it saved me a few dollars. Last month I used 0, or as close to it as you can get, data - not a heavy data user.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Amazing. When I spent whole month on WiFi I used about 15gb of data that wasn't WiFi. If I don't turn on WiFi whole month I rack up about 35-40gb. But I'm kind of a heavy user, can burn through a hundred gigs in a weekend.
On day 3 of our billing cycle and I'm at 1.88gb according to phone data.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you got an excellent deal, 30GB is a ton. I usually don't even hit 2GB but I'm around WiFi most of the time. Congrats on the purchase!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Yes, you can keep your plan and do Edge

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Amazing. When I spent whole month on WiFi I used about 15gb of data that wasn't WiFi. If I don't turn on WiFi whole month I rack up about 35-40gb. But I'm kind of a heavy user, can burn through a hundred gigs in a weekend.
On day 3 of our billing cycle and I'm at 1.88gb according to phone data.

Holy Moly that's a lot of garbonzo beans! I mean, gb's.

=^.".^=