They beat me.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Dropped my unlimited for 6GB of data. Got $100 off for my OG Droid bringing me to $150 out the door for a 64GB Turbo with a Wireless charger throwing in at a $30 value, upgrade fee waved as well. Hopefully I can repair the digitizer on my G2 and sell it for enough to counter the upgrade and still stay on top.

Pushing the button to drop unlimited was one of the more back and forth moments of my life. How sad is that. Manager was like "I'll give you a wireless charge if you push the button!", it was that bad.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
LOL giving up my unlimited was a little easier considering I got $675 for two grandfathered unlimited plans. And not sure what plans this is for but when I was doing the deed the other day they told me that starting today the current 10GB for $100 plan was going to be $80. They are rewriting it today. Might want to check and see if any other data plan discounts went into effect.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still debating on dropping my unlimited, it's not that I want to keep it that bad, I just can't decide what route I want to go. I'm done paying so much a month when I don't use a ton of data, I can find enough data to share with my wife and still pay less per month. I just can't decide between the Nexus 6, Turbo, or now the Note 4 is in the back of my mind lol.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn man, seems like a lot of work, of course it's early so anything more than getting off my butt right now is a lot of work.

on the move..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Damn man, seems like a lot of work, of course it's early so anything more than getting off my butt right now is a lot of work.

on the move..
Really not that much work. All I have to do is use that dumb phone line phone number for three days. The Technician is doing everything else.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
But if I were going that route, couldn't I just buy the phone direct from Motorola with their interest free financing or if best buy sells the device, have them price match and finance interest free and get the same result? Keep unlimited and make payments.

on the move..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
But if I were going that route, couldn't I just buy the phone direct from Motorola with their interest free financing or if best buy sells the device, have them price match and finance interest free and get the same result? Keep unlimited and make payments.

on the move..

Going with the Best Buy credit card and price match is how I previously kept my unlimited. Same thing as Edge. 24 month interest free financing. The only difference is I can pay more a month on the BB card to pay it off quicker.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

on the move..

Sure, both options would work for me as well except for one thing, I would be applying for additional credit and I didn't feel like going that route. Also, the costs are coming out of my phone bill and its one bill I have to pay rather than 2. Simplicity makes life less complicated and more stress free.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's assuming they sell it, I haven't checked. But that's how I got my G2. I liked that route. I'm just a little anxious leaving the fate of keeping unlimited on a Verizon tech. I'm sure you'll be fine, but we know how much they want people off unlimited.

on the move..

Reactions: cr6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Going with the Best Buy credit card and price match is how I previously kept my unlimited. Same thing as Edge. 24 month interest free financing. The only difference is I can pay more a month on the BB card to pay it off quicker.
Going with 24 months interest free financing through Best Buy or Motorola is certainly an option, but one thing about it that I'm not real pleased with is that if I haven't paid for 100 percent of the phone and I wish to go to the next model up, I'm forced to pay off the old phone and then try to sell it on the open market. I'd much rather just hand the phone back after 12 months or in this case 18 months and get the new phone and not have to put anymore money out of pocket in order to do it.

Also, this phone is coming with the protection program so if I drop it and break it or whatever else happens to fail for 2 years I'm fully protected. I don't believe that the Motorola interest free financing or Best Buy financing provide those protection, but I may be wrong and I'm ready to be corrected.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola was replacing broken screens for the X, I don't know if they are doing that for the Turbo. That's what I like about the edge plan is I can't seem to commit to one device for too long, so all I'd need to do is just trade it in. But I'm trying to decide on a phone this time around that I'll be satisfied with until at least it stops being supported. Which with the Nexus could be a couple years assuming the battery holds that long (doesn't seem like my G2 is getting the battery life it use to). Decisions all around. :/

on the move..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That's assuming they sell it, I haven't checked. But that's how I got my G2. I liked that route. I'm just a little anxious leaving the fate of keeping unlimited on a Verizon tech. I'm sure you'll be fine, but we know how much they want people off unlimited.

on the move..

That is the problem with Best Buy. They are late getting new devices. Especially VZW exclusive devices. I remember last year when I was looking at the G2, Moto X and the Maxx they didn't get the Maxx in for about a month after launch. I happened to be in there the day they got them in and they only got two. The thing about BB is the heavily push Samsung and Apple. All others are secondary to them.