They beat me.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Motorola was replacing broken screens for the X, I don't know if they are doing that for the Turbo. That's what I like about the edge plan is I can't seem to commit to one device for too long, so all I'd need to do is just trade it in. But I'm trying to decide on a phone this time around that I'll be satisfied with until at least it stops being supported. Which with the Nexus could be a couple years assuming the battery holds that long (doesn't seem like my G2 is getting the battery life it use to). Decisions all around. :/

on the move..

They re doing the screen replacement with the Turbo too.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well that's tempting. And yeah, they have an entire Samsung area. Kinda nice to mess around with the products but the other devices are just nonfunctional samples.

on the move..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I talked to vzw tech support the other day and they confirmed that you can still purchase subsidized phone on a dumb phone line, activate it on a different line and cancel data plan on other line without any fees. Trick is having phone shipped to your house and not activating it prior to calling them.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Dropped my unlimited for 6GB of data.
I'm still kind of on the fence. It sounds like a good deal, I use about 5.5gb a month but I could use less been uploading my photos and videos without worrying about data. The big question is in two years when you need to get another contact will they force you into a more expensive plan or drop down to a lower data plan.

krnmc

Reaction score
I think ur locked into 6 gigs. But my only concern is since I went from unlimited to 6 gigs is when Verizon starts offering 4 or 5 or even 6 gigs for the same price were left on the short end of the stick.

I'm only saying this because im assuming people will demand more data or leave for another provider like T-Mobile and sprint. Because sooner or later they will expand their mobile coverage and only way for at&t and Verizon to compete is to offer more data per plan.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I talked to vzw tech support the other day and they confirmed that you can still purchase subsidized phone on a dumb phone line, activate it on a different line and cancel data plan on other line without any fees. Trick is having phone shipped to your house and not activating it prior to calling them.

I was told the trick is to activate it on the new SIM, the one it ships with, keep it on that number for at least 24 hours, and then you can move it to the Unlimited line via ESN, shut down Data on the non-data line and you're good. That's what the Level 2 technician told me and that's how my phone is being shipped to me.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Today I got new phone that I upgraded to on dumb phone line. Before turning it on, I removed the sim that came with it, inserted the sim from my unlimited data droid maxx, turned on new phone and it worked like it's been on unlimited data all the time. Checked my Verizon account to confirm nothing changed. Dumb phone line still dumb with no data charges, and new phone on unlimited.

So the end result, new phone for $200, kept unlimited and no additional charges on normal line.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Congrats Xeene! I think you dodged a bullet there big-time as that's one of the loopholes they closed earlier this year. Glad to hear it worked for you though! Word of caution, don't ever log into "My Verizon" via your phone.
Enjoy your new toy!

S5 tap'n

krnmc

Reaction score
Hm I just checked bestbuy and they have the turbo financing for 18 months with best buy card.... That's tempting me to return this one and just buy it through them and keep my unlimited...

Last edited: