Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor007

Reaction score
What's up guys. I am new to this forum and figured I would introduce myself. I have been on Hofo for 5 years and I got by the same name. Been a smartphone user for about 8 years that encompass Symbian, iOS, WebOS and Android.

Android devices I have owned (in no particular order)
LG Ally
HTC Eris
HTC Incredible
Motorola Droid
Motorola Droid X
Samsung Fascinate

Best of the bunch IMO?? The X (SLIGHTLY over the Incredible simply because of the screen size). I do agree the Incredible is absolutely the smoothest out of all. No lag whatsoever. With Launcher Pro, my X is 99.6% lag free. Someone mentioned the Fascinate had the best camera. I couldn't help but chuckle. The Incredible has the best camera, followed oh so close by the X, then the Fascinate. I personally thing the TFT screen on the X is better than the SuperAMOLED on the Fascinate. The Incredible's screen can be difficult to see in sunlight.

Very interested in the Incredible HD, although it is going to have to be special to sway me from the X. I have No Lock installed, and I don't ever have to swipe to unlock or answer...just press any of the 4 hard keys, the camera key or the top power button and it automatically wakes my phone up. I have grown very accustomed to that :)

Some interesting comments in this thread, bashing and praising this Mr. Miami. I know how it is when it comes to wanting a new gadget, and I will leave it at that.

My current set up is my X and also have a Fivespot that I use with my iPad on Verizon's new tiered data package - 3GB for $35 a month.

Jkhonea, I live right down the road from you...on the other side of Conyers.

Icyhot1966 is also me on twitter.

Welcome aboard the crazy train, I can see you share the same enthusiast pursuit for the latest, greatest machines. My passion is gadgets and tech, phones this year in order . . .

Storm 2
Droid Inc
iPhone
Fasinate
Droid X
Now waiting for Dinc HD & Merge before I put the flip back in the drawer. Just like you I buy, play, then sell to buy and play with the next one. Slowing down a bit though.

It would seem you went from the Fascinate to the X. How do you feel about that decision? I have had enough issues with the Fascinate that they are sending me another one but I am still thinking I should get the X.

The fascinate has a great display, BUT, when you look at no Froyo (yet) GPS issues all around and Samsung does not have a good track record of supporting OS updates I felt it was nice, but too risky. Right now I have a very basic flip phone which btw suxs.

For me I am seriously looking at this sweet phone Dinc HD or Merge. I know big differences, but I get HTC and I the slider keyboard looks good. Still the DINC HD is Evo enough in size to get a lot of similar accessories etc. Time will tell.

skywalkrNCSU

Reaction score
Glad I found this, my AT&T contract is about to run out and I was going to go buy the Droid X next weekend. There goes those hours of research down the drain...

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
@ Raptor...isn't the Merge supposed to have a 3.7 inch screen?? I don't think I can go lower than 4 anymore, and maybe not lower than 4.3.

If anyone is gonna get the X, please install Launcher Pro and No Lock. Both are free.

matthew4295

Reaction score
@ Raptor...isn't the Merge supposed to have a 3.7 inch screen?? I don't think I can go lower than 4 anymore, and maybe not lower than 4.3.

If anyone is gonna get the X, please install Launcher Pro and No Lock. Both are free.

I believe it is a 3.8" and I understand. I have a droid1 and seeing an evo or X, I want this phone! Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Why not? There's nothing wrong with a 3.7 if you think anything larger is too much. I would have loved to have the Incredible but I just didn't get it.

moviemogul

Reaction score
My big concern if I get this at launch, how soon until we get root so I can be able to Wi-Fi tether? I use it on my Droid pretty frequently for my iPad when I'm out, and it's pretty important that I have it.

matthew4295

Reaction score
My big concern if I get this at launch, how soon until we get root so I can be able to Wi-Fi tether? I use it on my Droid pretty frequently for my iPad when I'm out, and it's pretty important that I have it.

Could be 1 day, or 1 month.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
I actually think 4" would be the perfect number, but I'm still getting this phone :D

G2 with sense!!!!

The G2 is nice..very nice. But I don't think I could leave Verizon for T-mobile haha. I've also realized that I rarely ever use the physical keyboard on the Droid, so that's no longer as much of a factor as I originally thought.

matthew4295

Reaction score
I actually think 4" would be the perfect number, but I'm still getting this phone :D

G2 with sense!!!!

The G2 is nice..very nice. But I don't think I could leave Verizon for T-mobile haha. I've also realized that I rarely ever use the physical keyboard on the Droid, so that's no longer as much of a factor as I originally thought.

My bad....g2 with sense ON VERIZON. Its nice to have there but not a deal breaker.

Reaction score

You can use your Droid until we get root for the Dinc HD. Buy the Dinc HD and just play with it but dont activate it yet.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
G2 with sense!!!!

My bad....g2 with sense ON VERIZON. Its nice to have there but not a deal breaker.

Ahh okay, gotcha. I forgot that that was coming out soon. And I agree, it is nice to have, just in case you get the urge to use it :)

matthew4295

Reaction score

Ahh okay, gotcha. I forgot that that was coming out soon. And I agree, it is nice to have, just in case you get the urge to use it :)

Are you talking about the merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.