Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
@ Hawk, I have no regrets going from Fascinate to the X. The Fascinate never impressed me. It was laggy and GPS was slow and too many reboots. Out of all the 1Ghz processors (OMAP by TI that is in the Droids, Hummingbird in the Samsungs and Snapdragon in the HTC's) the Hummingbird is supposed to be the best. But I found the Snapdragon to be better, at least in terms of no lag. Now the rumor is the IncredibleHD will have 786MB of RAM...that should be smokin fast!! But like I said, my X is 99.6% lag free.

@ Raptor you mentioned you had an iPhone. I had the 3GS and 4. The 4 is a great phone, with the best camera and video recording on a cellphone ever, except for the new Nokia N8. The only way I could ever go to an iPhone again, even if it came to Verizon is if they made at least a 4" screen. After using the 4.3 on the X, 3.5 on the iPhone or 3.7 on some of the other Droids look tiny.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I really think Verizon doesn't want this leaked until November (Monday). If for nothing else, its a mind thing. Tomorrow is a holiday so I don't expect anything.

I am not even sure what I am waiting for. We have already seen pics, the date has been all but confirmed, and we know the specs are basically the Desire HD. Now it's become just an OCD/principle thing to keep checking. Ugh. I really wish I had a life and wasn't a smart phone addict.

Here's a question that might be relevant to some while we are waiting:

(1) Regarding the Verizon Annual Upgrade: Mine is Dec 2nd--how flexible are they if I , for example called and asked for them to bump it up a couple days to like Black Friday....etc?

(2) Another question: If you sell your phone to a private party, how to do you disable your info and stop your phone number from being ported over? Or do you have to buy the NEW phone first?

I am sure some of us getting the DINC HD will have to worry about these things, so let's gets these questions out of the way?

(1) The early annual upgrade is a tough sell. Even if it is a few days. They use to let you do it especially if you threatened of switching to an iphone, but lately they have been really tough. Its probably twice as hard to upgrade to the newest or hottest phoen. I tried to upgrade from a Storm to the Tour when the Tour first came out and they basically told me to go ahead and leave. I even tried to say that I would downgrade my plan to a regular phone, go to my old Razr, and drop the blackberry plan which they would lose revenue. I got nothing. .

Are you saying the Annual Upgrade s a tough sell in general? Because I hope things haven't changed with that in the last year. Last time around, they showed I was eligible on the website I didnt have to ask. Wow I hope I can do it again otherwise I am waiting until next August!

Now if you are saying its a tough sell to ask for them to push the annual upgrade date even earlier? Then, well that I can see. I am not too worried since my one year is Dec 2nd. I am not sure I will buy this phone on the day off. I would like ti see if any major problems and if it will be rootable, etc... I mean, the next crop of phones coming after this makes and even bigger jump so I'd just wait.

brown200

Reaction score
Are you saying the Annual Upgrade s a tough sell in general? Because I hope things haven't changed with that in the last year. Last time around, they showed I was eligible on the website I didnt have to ask. Wow I hope I can do it again otherwise I am waiting until next August!

Now if you are saying its a tough sell to ask for them to push the annual upgrade date even earlier? Then, well that I can see. I am not too worried since my one year is Dec 2nd. I am not sure I will buy this phone on the day off. I would like ti see if any major problems and if it will be rootable, etc... I mean, the next crop of phones coming after this makes and even bigger jump so I'd just wait.[/QUOTE]

Its how they feel that deal more then anything. They let me upgrade a month early almost every year, except last year. They were so tough. The Tour was to hot blackberry and they were not budging. I had to wait to the actual 1 year mark.

Maybe they looked at my history and said F this guy? or they just didn't care about giving me the new phone since they were going to sell it anyway? I have no idea.

My annual was this September and I got the Fascinate. I sent it back and they messed up and never logged my phone in. I called and they fixed it only now Im eligible for the NE2.

ChuckG73

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the plastic feel of the Samsung phones. I love the weight and solid feel of the moto Droid and love the form factor of the DInc. The DInc HD looks like the best of both. Looking forward to the 23rd.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the plastic feel of the Samsung phones. I love the weight and solid feel of the moto Droid and love the form factor of the DInc. The DInc HD looks like the best of both. Looking forward to the 23rd.

If the Incredible had the 4.3 inch screen, it would have been close to perfection. Maybe the HD IS perfection.

dispatch1054

Reaction score
I don't think that there is any uncertainty in the release date or issues with the Verizon reps. I think from the beginning they had no intention of releasing information before November. If we see something today I will be surprised. I feel for Miami as they have really jerked him around through all of this.

Agreed. That would make a lot of sense. Whelp, they did a good job of keeping us interested haha.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bd1212

Reaction score
The reason Miami want's to have everything ready in one post if for simplicity and so everything is all put together. He could have posted the pics the second he got them, and then a few days later when he got the leaked docs for it, he could've posted those in too, but why not get all that together and release it all in one fell swoop? It just makes more sense. ;)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

If the Incredible had the 4.3 inch screen, it would have been close to perfection. Maybe the HD IS perfection.

Yeah the screen size is the only thing that kept me from jumping from the Droid to the DI. I too would have bought it in a second if it a 4+" screen. The DI was just so smooth and zippy.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just noticed that this is a uni-body case. Look at the speaker (evo(not uni-body) vs desire hd(uni-body)). Very similar to Desire HD. But glad to see that the buttons (lock, rocker and headphone jack (yes i know its not a button)) are similar to the Evo. I will be the first to be preordering. I love my Droid1 and I am asking people who have an Evo or something something similar to this device, how is it to type on your device? I mean I use the hard keyboard a lot, how is the soft keyboard? Lastly I am surprised this is not a Amoled screen (not a deal breaker).....

Typing on the evo is very smooth. With the exception of the fact that the space bar could be bigger I tend to hit the period button a lot with my right thumb. Other than that I love it.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Just came out of a Verizon store. Said HTC might make something for them when I said I was choosing between Sprint and Verizon because I wanted the Evo. So I asked and said he's sure something from HTC will come out with something next year. I then pointed out I didnt care for 4G, just the style. So he changed what he said to "maybe a month or two". I know its not much, but should ease some with doubts about it coming anytime soon.

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just came out of a Verizon store. Said HTC might make something for them when I said I was choosing between Sprint and Verizon because I wanted the Evo. So I asked and said he's sure something from HTC will come out with something next year. I then pointed out I didnt care for 4G, just the style. So he changed what he said to "maybe a month or two". I know its not much, but should ease some with doubts about it coming anytime soon.

Sent from my Droid

I spoke to the store manager at my local VZW store three days ago about this device. He acknowledged that Verizon was getting the device but he did not know a specific date. So I.told him that it was expected to be released on November 23. He didn't seem too surprised.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

dispatch1054

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I spoke to the store manager at my local VZW store three days ago about this device. He acknowledged that Verizon was getting the device but he did not know a specific date. So I.told him that it was expected to be released on November 23. He didn't seem too surprised.

Wow, thank you both. I didn't really have any doubts before, but this just really boosts confidence that we'll be seeing the device soon. Me is excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.