Google Maps 4.0 Update

Sleeve

Reaction score
I live near a major university. You have to zoom to the most zoomed in level to have the whole campus not be covered in buzz balloons. People are either going to forget this exists after a day or two, or its going to turn into crack.

I'm sorta hoping that if you buzz in one place and then you buzz somewhere else, the new buzz removes the old. Sorta kills the permanence, but it limits the ability for a person to spam. Just thinking about buzz in general, if you're buzzed about where you are, do you really give a rat's testicle about the last place you buzzed?

Hamsteak78

Reaction score
If you go to buzz.google.com on your phone it gives you an easy spot where you can manage any buzz that you have made or see who is following you or who you are following. Hopefully it will be integrated to gmail (on a PC) soon. The video shows it integrated.

gentlefury

Reaction score
If you go to buzz.google.com on your phone it gives you an easy spot where you can manage any buzz that you have made or see who is following you or who you are following. Hopefully it will be integrated to gmail (on a PC) soon. The video shows it integrated.

It will be a part of gmail over the next few days for everyone...some people already have it.

A cool trick too is that if you use the voice search and you say "Post Buzz" followed by what you want to post it will bring up the web app with what you said already typed in and ready to post :)

kevin1016

Reaction score
Google isn't stupid...I'm sure map buzzes will have a lifespan. They aren't going to stay up forever and fill the map....an hour would be sufficient.
I've got buzzes three hours old. Hopefully, they drop off soon.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Google isn't stupid...I'm sure map buzzes will have a lifespan. They aren't going to stay up forever and fill the map....an hour would be sufficient.

Im not sure about an hr because i can see some buzz thats been there for 4 hrs already. oddly i cant find my own buzz. is there is an option to see or does all buzz should come up in the area you post it in. I posted one like 3 hrs ago 30 miles from where im typing this and went back onto the map to the area i posted the buzz and nothing. So does it delete itself once you move from that area?

edited:
nm..just found a buzz thats 7hrs old
I found my buzz so it does stay there when you have moved on somewhere else.
You can see all the buzz in city/area that you arent even close to. just move the map to the area you are interested in and hit the buzz icon and it list all the buzz in that city.

Last edited:
Reaction score
See..someone posting, "going out for dinner" now creates a marker over that empty house that is waiting to be robbed. It's one thing when folks post things on Facebook, its another to leave breadcrumbs in real time on a map. Now we just need to add in the ability to search Buzzes to let some real trouble begin.

From now on my buzzes will be:

Going out for dinner... Left my 80 pound German Shepard and 60 pound Husky at home. :p

"leaving my house for tonight... left my 3 ton Cerberus, 25 samurais, smoke monster, Chuck Norris and Jesus home"

lol

strobez395

Reaction score
Could be wrong...but I thought mine had night mode before this update...I remember using it at night and the screen changing..

strobez395

Reaction score
Nopee not rooted....thats why I was confused when people were saying you get night mode with this download...it looked like the maps were slightly grayed out from what I remember...

strobez395

Reaction score
Hahaha apparently I'm able to....I'm just trying to figure out how I had nightmode with the last update because this was atleast a couple of nights ago...unless it was all a dream and I foresaw exactly what it was going to look like... lol. Whatever, works for me.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Navigation had nightmode as of a couple days ago with the previous maps update.

I think this update just added Buzz and maybe a better coupling to "my maps"

ntrddragn

Reaction score
how do i know if i have night mode on the map? i just updated my map a few hrs ago