Google Maps 4.0 Update

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No 'momentum' when sliding map? Anyone notice that when you drag the map around it stops immediately when you let go? It used to continue drifting for a bit after you let up.

Anyone else notice this?

At first it did as you said. Then it slid when I got to the grid, where no map was yet displayed. Now it slides more often than not, but sometimes does stop abruptly when I lift my finger.

solorca

Reaction score
While messing around with Buzz, I see something that could be awesome...but at least initially, it's just a lot of people posting useless things to test it.

Maybe something like this exists already, but it seems like something like Buzz could be great if people were able to put "landmarks" in certain GPS locations, allowing others to see interesting things based simply on what is posted around them.

It could be kind of like geocaching, except you would just need to look on your phone and see all of the things in the area that people thought you should notice.

Does anything like this exist currently?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I can see it ending up being used a lot for advertising.

Also A guy in my somewhat small town just buzzed that he had 2 hockey tickets if anyone wanted them.

I think this could end up being a pretty big deal and really change some things up.

One thing that may end up being needed is some sort of rating system or ban system. We all know some dude is going to clutter the map with pics of his wang.

iPirate

Reaction score

Also A guy in my somewhat small town just buzzed that he had 2 hockey tickets if anyone wanted them.

I think this could end up being a pretty big deal and really change some things up.

One thing that may end up being needed is some sort of rating system or ban system. We all know some dude is going to clutter the map with pics of his wang.
You can report

blowdryl

Reaction score
It could be kind of like geocaching, except you would just need to look on your phone and see all of the things in the area that people thought you should notice.

Does anything like this exist currently?

sounds like panoramio

Cowpoke

Reaction score

You can report

Ahh good deal, I missed that when I was playing with it earlier.

Uh, Buzz that is.

solorca

Reaction score
Something like Yelp?

Kind of. Yelp is good for businesses and things like that, but I was thinking more along the lines of...

"Check out this spot to see a hidden waterfall"...or something like that. Basically, a way to mark a spot through the GPS to show people neat things that you happen to notice. I think something like geocaching is a good starting point, but instead of searching for caches, it's simply a way to mark neat landmarks.

Hamsteak78

Reaction score
Not bad, so far a lot of "test" buzz. I could see this becoming a really cool tool, or turning in to a lot of wasted junk. Is it easy to delete a buzz??

gentlefury

Reaction score
Google isn't stupid...I'm sure map buzzes will have a lifespan. They aren't going to stay up forever and fill the map....an hour would be sufficient.