Google Maps 4.0 Update

hobojoe196061

Reaction score
Just checked my apps for updates, and there is an update for maps that includes night mode for navigation, just thought i'd let everyone know.

lordegregious

Reaction score
I figured there would be an update considering what they showed of Buzz today. I can't believe they didn't hold out on 3.4 for a week and just release 4.0. Still cool to see.

eliassami5

Reaction score
i went to the market and went to downloads and there was no update, so i went to the home screen and then went back to the market and still no update. So i went into google maps to see what version i had and it said 3.4, i then went back to the market for the 3rd time just to make sure and then it popped up and said update for google maps lol.

ShowTime

Reaction score
Anyone notice what changes are included over the 3.4 from late last week?

Cowpoke

Reaction score
The update last week gave us night mode.

Kinda funny watching all the buzzes popping up all over Tulsa.

eliassami5

Reaction score
lol this is pretty sweet, i updated and went to check out buzzed in google maps. At first there were just a couple of buzzez around me and i wasnt really sure of what it purpose was but then in a matter of like 5 min there were at least 30 buzzez just in my immediate area..pretty sweet i think. Lots of potential i think

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Anyone notice what changes are included over the 3.4 from late last week?

well it said it has Buzz, and i think the bigger one is the night time navigation, so you know the screen gets dark at night

How do you get the night vision screen to come up?

Is it a setting? I figured it would be in layers but its not.

Night mode turns on automatically after a certain hour, dont know exactly when that is. Probably 7 ish.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Normally when I go to the Market and look at Downloads, the ones that have updates available are at the top. Google Maps wasn't, but when I scrolled to down to it, it said an update was available.

M

Matth3w

Update this before you update your ROMs or they will be "broke"