google maps

pilot25

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn on night mode in google maps? The latest update states it's a new feature.

Guchi

Reaction score
its in navigation and the word is its automatic, if its night its on

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Worked on mine last night.
make sure you have the latest version of maps- go to marketplace.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
anyone figured out if the automatic part works by the light sensor or by the clock on the phone?

Doesn't really matter I suppose, just curious.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
anyone figured out if the automatic part works by the light sensor or by the clock on the phone?

Doesn't really matter I suppose, just curious.

I believe it does it by knowing what time the sun sets and rises at your location. This does raise the problem of whether you'll be able to use your phone for navigation during a solar eclipse or Armageddon. I suppose Google might know about eclipses, but I doubt even they know the timing of Armageddon. I could, of course, be wrong.

choklitcow

Reaction score
This does raise the problem of whether you'll be able to use your phone for navigation during a solar eclipse or Armageddon. I suppose Google might know about eclipses, but I doubt even they know the timing of Armageddon. I could, of course, be wrong.

This is by far one of the best things I have read on these forums.

Entrer1

Reaction score
Quick Question

Hey all. I have a question. Just installed the new update for Google maps. I have noticed when in satellite mode it no longer tells you the address when you hold your finger down on my house or any other house for that matter. It only list the street name. Is there a feature to cut this function back on??? or has that feature been removed? Thanks...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
checked it out, pretty cool