Froyo Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancidcrab

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with youmail? I'd been getting reboots about every 30 minutes or so. I started checking apps that polled and found that uninstalling youmail seems to fix my problem. Anyone else?

cnul8rguys

Reaction score
i installed this, uninstalled and reinstalled this and it seems very "laggish and sluggy" to me.

everything kind of hesitates and a good majority of the apps i had installed all force closed consistently.

IMO, I would wait until a newer release comes out or the devs get ahold of this for a little bit longer to work some glitches out.

BB1.1 for the time being as its the fastest and most stable in my opinion...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i installed this, uninstalled and reinstalled this and it seems very "laggish and sluggy" to me.

everything kind of hesitates and a good majority of the apps i had installed all force closed consistently.

IMO, I would wait until a newer release comes out or the devs get ahold of this for a little bit longer to work some glitches out.

Did you allow it time to fully sync? there is no lag once it's fully synced.

Chris-pee

Reaction score

Did you wipe data/cache? you have to give it a chance to finish sync. Its fast as hell after about 30 min.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
those having trouble getting into recovery

make sure you battery is charged up more than 20 or so percent.

sorry I dont use adb that much. i rather use root explorer.

peterpressure

Reaction score
Froyo runs really well for me! Flash video is pretty crappy and a lot of flash doesnt work. For some reason C-Span video works VERY well :)

My girlfriends yo-ville wont work though.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
For Hulu:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ns/49494-how-get-most-out-froyo-rom-faqs.html

For the person who asked: threads in the news section don't have the edit option.

The person trying to go from Stock 2.1 to 2.2:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ns/49494-how-get-most-out-froyo-rom-faqs.html

Birdman has already made a rom from this. It's available at alldroid at the moment. I've been running it with no problems at all. It looks like he fixed busybox and did some other tweaks. Heres the link... [Release - ROM] FLY - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - [Release - ROM] FLY - Droid Releases - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Thanks for the heads up.

One thing I have noticed, is that LauncherPro and ADW.Launcher both work in 2.2 but once you hit the perm home button you automatically get reverted to the Froyo Launcher, even if you set the others as default.

Using Home Switcher to manage my Launcher Apps.

I have no problems using ADW. I read in the Market descriptions that Home Switcher is not compatible with 2.2 yet. That may be the problem.

I've been having trouble getting my Droid to flash SPRecovery. I've followed the directions here and it fails everytime.

Now I have followed the directions to the letter except in one area and that's because it really doesn't make sense. In the instructions it says to put the SPRecovery file anywhere in your computer except your desktop. I've worked about 5 hours with 2 different people and we agree that this shouldn't make a difference, but since I can't seem to complete it can anybody give me a logical explanation as to why you shouldn't leave the file on your desktop?

Also I am using VMware on a Mac running Windows Vista for this process. Has anybody successfully completed this process using the virtual machine?

Do you have VMWare Tools installed? It might help with using a VM. I just helped someone yestereday, they didnt have a VM but they had Vista. He didnt have it on the Desktop but in a download folder. Having it on the Desktop probably causes problems cuz things on the desktop are associated with the user. So navigating with RSD Lite to the desktop is probably causing problems.

Like even tho u can see the Desktop when trying to go there, the actual folder setup in XP to reach it is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop. So maybe Vista acts different when trying to use stuff on the desktop. Thats probably why its recommend to put the SP Recovery sbf file in a folder. U can leave it there and just try navigating to it different and see if it changes anything. I rarely use Vista now, but I do have it on dual boot setup. I also have VMWare installed. I dont have a Mac tho....lol

I dont think I missed anyone with this post.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.