Froyo issues

nerdkill

Reaction score
did anyone lose their mlb at bat app? in the first froyo build i still had it, but it wouldn't work. in the newest build i can't even find it in the app store. i googled it and read that google has fixed all of the apps not showing up, but i still don't have it.
Visit the thread in my sig and download the Market fix.

thanks. for some reason it's not letting me install. says can't mount. using sprecovery. dunno why

nerdkill

Reaction score
downloaded the chaos black theme and it fixed my issues. ayyayyayyaay

stark23x

Reaction score
My Tracks problems w/ Froyo leak?

Is anyone else having My tracks issues after upgrading to the latest Froyo leak? I cannot make it see the map I already have...nor will it upload any new ones.

I have a recorded track, I select "Send to Google" and then "Pick an existing map." When the screen that normally allows me to select which map I want to upload to shows up, it hangs for a bit and then says "You don't have any maps, yet."

If I select "Create a new map" it either says to try later or just flashes the progress bar for a second then does nothing.

I tried this with 1.015 and rolled it back to 1.0.11, same behavior.

Is this a Froyo thing or is it a My Tracks/uploading API/Google thing or maybe uploading is just broken for everyone for now and I'm freaking out over nothing and it will resolve itself? :)

chewy74

Reaction score
Froyo 2.2 Issues and support

Not sure if there is an offical Froyo thread to report issues and possible get support.

so here it is, if there is one then please close this and if its helpful you can sticky for people who just flashed Froyo

My problem after flashing...
1. HTC keyboard no longer works
2. Market takes forever to load each time (i remember seeing a solution in the More Froyo thread, but it got lost somewhere in the huge amount of pages
3. after restoring all my apps with Titanium, everything will be running fine until i reboot. It will get stuck at teh red droid eye boot animation and just keep on loading it indefinitely. I think one of the apps may be causing this, but don't know which one and have too ,many to install one by one and reboot to test.
4. internet connect and speeds are horrible

Some of apps are not showing up in the market, but i assume because they have not been updated to 2.2? or is this part of the market issue?

Thats it for now because I have much time to play with it after flashing it

so if anyone can assist with the above or share there issues and solutions it would be great

Thanks

Rsswga

Reaction score
i installed blue energy theme on froyo again after redoing everything.

the market will not download after install...thanks blue energy

chewy74

Reaction score
market prob was actually from not all apps showing up in the market. the fix is here:
Market Fix

Not sure if there is an offical Froyo thread to report issues and possible get support.

so here it is, if there is one then please close this and if its helpful you can sticky for people who just flashed Froyo

2. Market takes forever to load each time (i remember seeing a solution in the More Froyo thread, but it got lost somewhere in the huge amount of pages
3. after restoring all my apps with Titanium, everything will be running fine until i reboot. It will get stuck at teh red droid eye boot animation and just keep on loading it indefinitely. I think one of the apps may be causing this, but don't know which one and have too ,many to install one by one and reboot to test.

Some of apps are not showing up in the market, but i assume because they have not been updated to 2.2? or is this part of the market issue?

so if anyone can assist with the above or share there issues and solutions it would be great

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
market prob was actually from not all apps showing up in the market. the fix is here:
Market Fix

Thanks

1. Build apps to the OS, not the other way around.

2. Answered already

3. I didn't back up any of my apps. Once I installed Froyo they all automatically downloaded and restored.

4. I don't have a problem with connection speed at all. It's being on sites that have Flash on where it's horrible. Scrolling is slow and the stock browser just kind of sucks. I had to switch to Dolphin HD for decent browser speed.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Market Fix

Thanks

2. Answered already

3. I didn't back up any of my apps. Once I installed Froyo they all automatically downloaded and restored.

4. I don't have a problem with connection speed at all. It's being on sites that have Flash on where it's horrible. Scrolling is slow and the stock browser just kind of sucks. I had to switch to Dolphin HD for decent browser speed.
I've installed pretty much everything possible and this thing flies. 3G and wifi are amazing and the UI is blazing fast.

I feel VERY lucky so far and count my blessings. Good luck bruther.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Baseband update issue

I tried updating my baseband to C_01.41.00R, assuming i needed to be on that one before going to the newest one (it even says i need to be using 00R to load the newest one in Rom Manager). but i did a data wipe, and now when it asks me to activate my phone (cause it thinks the phone is new...) it says something about "Are you switching phones? if your old phone is not off, please turn it off and call back at *228... or hold on the line while we gather information...". its never done this, just the regular "press 1...... phone activation complete". I always hang up when it says gathering information cause im not about to talk to a verizon rep about my phone having issues cause im rooted funny. I've tried just about every fix i can think of that doesn't involve a complete sd reformat, cause im not at home next to my other backups. (most of my backups arent working through cwm). as of right now my phone cant be a phone, and verizon wants to know why via an automated activation system. anyone know how to get the working baseband back that was working just fine for so long?

Zargon

Reaction score
It appears to be working for me, with Froyo and 1.0.15. I just took a stroll around the office, and it uploaded to My Maps and Google Docs.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved thread back to original area. Sorry about that guys.

mjb0314

Reaction score

2. Answered already

In response to number 4:

In the stock browser:

Tap: Menu -> More -> Settings

Scroll down to Enable plug-ins and it will give you a choice between "Always on", "On demand", and "Off".

By default (I think) it is set to "Always on". Tap "On demand" or "Off" to speed up browser performance.

Melissa

yiannis

Reaction score
froyo issues with skype and xscope

1) can't find skype on market

2) xscope bookmarks cannot be shortcut on the home screen

3) xscope web address search jitters up and down as I type. This only happens at the landscape orientation. It doesn't happen when I search google from the xscope favorites page.

4) xscope flash 10.1 not working (working with stock browser).

I would appreciate any help with these... Running FRF57 38829

Froyo on Wi Fi is superfast. My 3G speedtest.net in Baltimore came to 0.55 Mbps, I bet wi fi at home will be much faster...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried updating my baseband to C_01.41.00R, assuming i needed to be on that one before going to the newest one (it even says i need to be using 00R to load the newest one in Rom Manager). but i did a data wipe, and now when it asks me to activate my phone (cause it thinks the phone is new...) it says something about "Are you switching phones? if your old phone is not off, please turn it off and call back at *228... or hold on the line while we gather information...". its never done this, just the regular "press 1...... phone activation complete". I always hang up when it says gathering information cause im not about to talk to a verizon rep about my phone having issues cause im rooted funny. I've tried just about every fix i can think of that doesn't involve a complete sd reformat, cause im not at home next to my other backups. (most of my backups arent working through cwm). as of right now my phone cant be a phone, and verizon wants to know why via an automated activation system. anyone know how to get the working baseband back that was working just fine for so long?

Its safe lol; let them gather information. They are not going to question you....maybe verify you are you but that is it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1) can't find skype on market

2) xscope bookmarks cannot be shortcut on the home screen

3) xscope web address search jitters up and down as I type. This only happens at the landscape orientation. It doesn't happen when I search google from the xscope favorites page.

4) xscope flash 10.1 not working (working with stock browser).

I would appreciate any help with these... Running FRF57 38829

Froyo on Wi Fi is superfast. My 3G speedtest.net in Baltimore came to 0.55 Mbps, I bet wi fi at home will be much faster...

X Scope really doesn't work well with Froyo. Try Dolphin, it works much better. I use Dophin HD.