Froyo issues

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Through all the excitement there are going to be some issues. This thread is to consolidate those issues.

We will try to deal will all problem but keep in mind that this build is as new to us as it is you.

If you are looking to go back to 2.1, the one sure way I know is to run rsdlite. There is another way but by non its too late. If you make a backup before flashing 2.2 then you could just restore wipe data/cache reboot.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As problem threads pop up I will send them your way. If you see one pop up, report it and we will merge it to your thread.

eliguy620

Reaction score
My froyo has been restarting itsself about every hour....
I tried UD and original leak, with orig kernal and OC 1.25....trying newst release now...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My froyo has been restarting itsself about every hour....
I tried UD and original leak, with orig kernal and OC 1.25....trying newst release now...

Try a diff kernel. Go 1ghz

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can just uninstall it if that is what you meaning

cpg716

Reaction score
My phone reboots about every hour or so also..... Even with newer Froyo... On regular kernel and OC.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone reboots about every hour or so also..... Even with newer Froyo... On regular kernel and OC.

Reboot into recovery wipe data/ cache and reboot

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

dgonz

Reaction score
my handcent notifications no longer bypass the lockscreen. I set a PIN password thinking that's what it was but even when I took that off it just lights up the LED it doesn't vibrate or power on the screen. I checked all the appropriate options within handcent.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am thinking it has to do with something with your setting. You can go into setting, apps, manage apps, find handcent and wipe data and cache. Problem with that is you will have to redo your settings

dgonz

Reaction score
I am thinking it has to do with something with your setting. You can go into setting, apps, manage apps, find handcent and wipe data and cache. Problem with that is you will have to redo your settings

okay I'll give that a shot. When I flashed froyo i just restored handcent from a backup. Will that erase all my messages?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

okay I'll give that a shot. When I flashed froyo i just restored handcent from a backup. Will that erase all my messages?

You will lose your messages and if you had custom notifications for diff people you will have to redo that.

Shelooga

Reaction score
i keep seeing screen shots that list the build number as frf57. mine says frfxx, and i know have the second beta of 2.2. and if anyone wants to laugh at my idiocy, when i reflashed 2.2 i was also doing some clean up on my sdcard and i had deleted all rom back ups but my stock backup file. so all my settings are kaput. tough stuff