Froyo issues

subsynth

Reaction score
I'm using the standard "official" kernel that came with FRF57 Release.

I installed Wireless Tether for Root users from the Market, and while it says it's working, my computers do not see it as an available network.

I removed permissions and uninstalled the app and downloaded the latest APK linked above and installed that, reset permissisons, etc.

I'll test it when I get back home and have something that can see the hotspot...

dfine06

Reaction score
i feel like its kernal related but what i dont get is i used the ones that everyone has used for the 2.2 rom but noone has had this problem... or at least saying they did so i dont know what to do. i need wireless tether so bad.

Vikam

Reaction score
I cannot get Corporate Account and connection to exchange to work after i installed Froyo on my phone, everything else i have tried seemed to work, but not that.

dgonz

Reaction score
Okay I have another one for you guys. I use btunes as my music player. And ever since I've gone FroYo it shows all my songs in the list twice, right next to eachother. I've done a manual refresh within the app and checked my sd card on my PC and the songs are all there only once.....any ideas?

microsnook

Reaction score
When I plug the phone in and open up cmd, i type in adb remount and the remount fails, Im not sure what the problem is?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
When I plug the phone in and open up cmd, i type in adb remount and the remount fails, Im not sure what the problem is?

I have heard adb doesn't work with froyo. But there may be a new sdk to download that might work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Okay I have another one for you guys. I use btunes as my music player. And ever since I've gone FroYo it shows all my songs in the list twice, right next to eachother. I've done a manual refresh within the app and checked my sd card on my PC and the songs are all there only once.....any ideas?

Did you use titanium backup to restore your apps?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I can't figure out what is going on here. I went back to my BB backup - a 2.1 rom - and I'm getting the same errors. I did get the screen asking permission to access my maps, and I gave that permission, but now all I get is "you do not have any maps, yet"

This is kind of the whole reason I bought this phone and now I seem to have done something to break it and I can't figure out what I've done.

Did you wipe data before you went back?
Jason

dgonz

Reaction score

No I wasn't rooted before this so I restored everything with MyBackup by Reware

Fernandoborda

Reaction score
i have rooted 2.0.1 and unrooted to get ota upgrade , but this is the first time that im using the advantages of rooting my droid... and you know what IM LOVING IT but still no wifi :( cant make work

vjaamm

Reaction score
Froyo is running slow

I put Froyo on my Droid a few days ago and used the 1250 kernel. With the Max/Min set at 1250/250 my phone is still running a bit slow, the touch screen takes one or two swipes to respond to changing screen sometimes.
Should I set my Min higher?

USCChem

Reaction score
Re: Froyo is running slow

Is it slow on all applications or just on the launcher?

The launcher is kinda garbage. Have you tried LauncherPro from the Market? It is much faster.

IMO 1250 is too high to be always allowing your phone to go to. I wouldn't set the min above 250, that's what mine is at and it is very fast. The problem is probably the launcher itself.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

No I wasn't rooted before this so I restored everything with MyBackup by Reware

Mybackup might not work correctly with 2.2 yet and that could be the issue. Titanium backup did this to me once with my music as well. I think you'll just have to delete the dups.

vjaamm

Reaction score
Its mostly just the launcher, but a few apps here and there will slow down. I started off with the 1000 kernel and only recently put the 1250 on there to see if it would help. Since it didn't I was going to put the max back to 1000.

I haven't tried launcher pro with froyo yet, only. Stock 2.1. I'll give it a try.

r1nstang

Reaction score
I read about the issue elsewhere but cant seem to find it now that I finally got Froyo installed and stable.
The camera...no matter which camera app all pics turn out with a purple hue. any ideas?? I use the droid as my only camera at bike shows. so I need it working correctly