Froyo issues

neccoguy21

Reaction score
I tried updating my baseband to C_01.41.00R, assuming i needed to be on that one before going to the newest one (it even says i need to be using 00R to load the newest one in Rom Manager). but i did a data wipe, and now when it asks me to activate my phone (cause it thinks the phone is new...) it says something about "Are you switching phones? if your old phone is not off, please turn it off and call back at *228... or hold on the line while we gather information...". its never done this, just the regular "press 1...... phone activation complete". I always hang up when it says gathering information cause im not about to talk to a verizon rep about my phone having issues cause im rooted funny. I've tried just about every fix i can think of that doesn't involve a complete sd reformat, cause im not at home next to my other backups. (most of my backups arent working through cwm). as of right now my phone cant be a phone, and verizon wants to know why via an automated activation system. anyone know how to get the working baseband back that was working just fine for so long?

Its safe lol; let them gather information. They are not going to question you....maybe verify you are you but that is it.

Thanks, I'll give it a try then!
EDIT: IT WORKED! THANKS!

Last edited:

Vikam

Reaction score
I am having issues with corporate account, it will not let me connect through Exchange here at work, it asks me for e-mail address and password and i give it both but it will tell me it is incorrect and i have tried multiple times with same results.........anyone else tried corporate account?

dfine06

Reaction score
Problems w/tethering and 2.2

Ok so heres the deal. Ever since i loaded 2.2 i havent been able to tether anymore. i tried everything. reinstalling access control etc. in the show log im getting the "enabling access control error" but everything else is fine. anyone else have this problem. im also running the kernal that was posted in Fab's post if that has anything to do with it. I need to get this working again.

Asterisk

Reaction score
I tried updating my baseband to C_01.41.00R, assuming i needed to be on that one before going to the newest one (it even says i need to be using 00R to load the newest one in Rom Manager). but i did a data wipe, and now when it asks me to activate my phone (cause it thinks the phone is new...) it says something about "Are you switching phones? if your old phone is not off, please turn it off and call back at *228... or hold on the line while we gather information...". its never done this, just the regular "press 1...... phone activation complete". I always hang up when it says gathering information cause im not about to talk to a verizon rep about my phone having issues cause im rooted funny. I've tried just about every fix i can think of that doesn't involve a complete sd reformat, cause im not at home next to my other backups. (most of my backups arent working through cwm). as of right now my phone cant be a phone, and verizon wants to know why via an automated activation system. anyone know how to get the working baseband back that was working just fine for so long?

Don't worry about it. I have updated my baseband twice now and both times it did what you said and I never had to talk to someone. I just had to wait about five minutes before it went through. After that everything is fine and I can call people get texts and search the market.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Build apps to the OS, not the other way around.

2. Answered already

3. I didn't back up any of my apps. Once I installed Froyo they all automatically downloaded and restored.

4. I don't have a problem with connection speed at all. It's being on sites that have Flash on where it's horrible. Scrolling is slow and the stock browser just kind of sucks. I had to switch to Dolphin HD for decent browser speed.

In response to number 4:

In the stock browser:

Tap: Menu -> More -> Settings

Scroll down to Enable plug-ins and it will give you a choice between "Always on", "On demand", and "Off".

By default (I think) it is set to "Always on". Tap "On demand" or "Off" to speed up browser performance.

Melissa
Yep. That seems to help somewhat. Typing is still a bit slow but scrolling improved tremendously. Thanks for the tip.

dfine06

Reaction score
its wireless.
i uninstalled then reinstalled the app from the market. wireless tether for root users. still no go.

yiannis

Reaction score
My phone reboots about every hour or so also..... Even with newer Froyo... On regular kernel and OC.

Reboot into recovery wipe data/ cache and reboot

After I rooted 2.1, I omitted this step because I had just performed it during the rooting operation, forgetting I had activated the phone in between. My droid would recycle between the "red eye/HAL" screen and the "Droid" screen and would not proceed to the OS.

All worked fine after I wiped data/ cache and rebooted...

cvhovey

Reaction score
I've used a few different kernels. Currently using the jdlfg 1200LV kernel on Fly v0.5. As with other kernels where wireless tethering does work, so far I haven't been able to get the Access Control option to work. But if I disable Access Control, then my wireless tethering works....but that means I'd be an open hotspot accessible to anyone if using wireless tethering.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can only say that I have the 2nd release of froyo, kernal that came with it, installed the latest version of tether (the experimental), and no issues. Was my first rooted action :)

Perhaps clear out SU settings, and restart the app?

If you are getting the access control error, then something is going on with it.

dfine06

Reaction score
i dont get it i enabled wif encrypt access control it registerd the device i accepted it and nothing. it says something failed in the show log and i think it was access control which i never had problems with before. it happened right after i installed 2.2 and im using i believe its p3's kernals. what is happening? haha

cvhovey

Reaction score
Tried the latest version of wireless tethering, cleared out SU, etc. but still only get log failure when enabling access control. Had same problem with some kernels on 2.1, such as never could get AdamZ's kernels to work on BB or SS, but Chevy's would work fine with access control....even tho AdamZ's kernels would work fine on SG. So likely either kernel-related or kernels that don't like some Droids and/or kernel-Rom-Droid hissy fits.

Last edited:

stark23x

Reaction score
I can't figure out what is going on here. I went back to my BB backup - a 2.1 rom - and I'm getting the same errors. I did get the screen asking permission to access my maps, and I gave that permission, but now all I get is "you do not have any maps, yet"

This is kind of the whole reason I bought this phone and now I seem to have done something to break it and I can't figure out what I've done.