free droid battery door !!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an email from Verizon yesterday saying that they had ran out of battery doors and they would be sending mine next day shipping as soon as they received a new shipment.
Might explain why I couldn't find them on their website.
I only got a battery door because mine is falling off :)
I folded up an old receipt and stuck between the battery and the door and have not had a problem since.:)

Oh no!:eek: lol, lets hope we don't have to resort to that. That was a fix for the touch screen on the Blackberry Storm. A business card, a piece of paper folded. I think the Droid is just too precious to have to do the mickey mouse thing.:)

huskur

Reaction score
I got an email from Verizon telling me my order was canceled. I was thinking like others had stated that it was a mistake to make them for free. Guess I won't be seeing any battery doors any time soon.

msblueline

Got my email from Verizon also telling me my order is on backorder and will deliver between the 12th and 20th.

windstrings

Reaction score
All else fails if you want something a tad more sophisticated than a folded reciept.. find an old business card or better yet, a plastic card of some type... an expired Krogers card, or something similar.
Cut a 1 X 1.5" piece out of it and glue it to the back of your door.. should work like a charm...... two layers may be in order unless you glue on top of the existing pad.

Thats basically all Motorola did.... nothing earth shattering here.

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
So i am in a live chat with a motorola agent from there website, and this is what he has said. Getting the battery door replaced now.

Message.gif
Leandro P.: Hi, my name is Leandro P.. How may I help you?
Message.gif
Robert Rice: My droid battery door falls off
Message.gif
Robert Rice: can i get a new one
Message.gif
Leandro P.: I am sorry that it is falling off, but let me help you with this
Message.gif
Leandro P.: Since the date of purchase, there is a one year standard warranty through Motorola
Message.gif
Leandro P.: It will not cover any physical or liquid damage
Message.gif
Leandro P.: We can replace the back cover in warranty
Message.gif
Robert Rice: what does that mean i have to send my phone out? Verizon was giving away battery doors for free, but they are no longer available.
Message.gif
Robert Rice: why cant i just get a new battery door.
Message.gif
Leandro P.: I was saying that you could get the battery door replaced.
Message.gif
Robert Rice: ahh ok
Message.gif
Leandro P.: Let me please have your physical address and contact phone number
Message.gif
Robert Rice: well if i get a new battery door does that void any warranty?
Message.gif
Leandro P.: No, it does not
Message.gif
Robert Rice: ok awesome

Danthok

Reaction score
The reason that Verizon ran out is because everyone ordered three. Greedy, greedy :mad:

windstrings

Reaction score
The reason that Verizon ran out is because everyone ordered three. Greedy, greedy :mad:

Well I got my 2600mah Seidio Battery "which I love" and so now I have an extra cover.

I have the same problem Verizon has..... I only want to give it to someone who really needs it...... maybe there's no one left that "really" needs it.

Maybe thats why Verizon quit selling them.

I imagine Verizon "sold" them to prevent people from accumilating "33" of them just for fun and profit.

If someone PM's me and can convince me they really need it, they can have it.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I just got an email saying they were out but would ship it as soon as they get more in!

hobby31

Reaction score
I was unaware that verizon was giving free battery covers until I read this thread the other day. After not finding it anywhere on the site I called verizon and asked for a replacement. The rep was very helpful and said I should receive one by mail on Monday. My original door still functions fine but It's nice to have just in case. Thanks to the original poster.

tktouch12

Reaction score
I was unaware that verizon was giving free battery covers until I read this thread the other day. After not finding it anywhere on the site I called verizon and asked for a replacement. The rep was very helpful and said I should receive one by mail on Monday. My original door still functions fine but It's nice to have just in case. Thanks to the original poster.

same here. i just want an extra. did you tell them yours doesnt work? or just ask for another?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon Shipping Battery Doors Again

I just got an email this morning that my battery door had been shipped from Verizon and the FedEx dude just left so I have the package in my hand.

Now I don't know if Verizon is offering them again or not, but if you were on the waiting list they are on their way.