battery door....unbelieveable...

halfam

Reaction score
Yeah so my battery door cover is not flush with the droid. So I ordered the 3 free battery covers and one after another. To my surprise, none of them worked. What could be the problem??

Nismo4x4

Reaction score
I ordered a few as well and mine are the same. They protrude just enough and are not flush with the rest of the phone backing. Oh well, let's hope I never have to use them. :huh:

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Oh, I think I get what you're saying. To me it doesn't look like the back side of the phone was engineered to be perfectly flat.

Finkle

Reaction score
Yeah, my replacement battery door also isn't flush. I think it's the "extra" padding to allow the door to grip it tighter. My original battery door was flush but slid off quite easily with the slide of a finger - personally, I prefer the tighter replacement door even if it is thicker by a hair.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I forgot all about ordering the Droid door. I wonder what happened to mine?

mjs31

Reaction score
My original first run battery door was not flush either. I dont believe it is designed that way. My second battery, I just ordered (yeah...only one because that is all I need...no 3 bs), fits tight as hell so no more door issues for me. Still not flush which is never was.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
how do you order these doors, I have tried everything I could find here and I can't seem to be able to order a replacement door.

I emailed on the Motorola link and got answer telling me to take the phone back under the warranty... :mad:

All I want is a replacement door not a whole new phone......

Any precise help would be appreciated....

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how do you order these doors, I have tried everything I could find here and I can't seem to be able to order a replacement door.

I emailed on the Motorola link and got answer telling me to take the phone back under the warranty... :mad:

Thanks

Well, you can't get them from Verizon right now. They are out. Funny Motorola won't help you because I've read post from others saying Motorola sent them right out. I don't have the number but see if you can get an 800 number for Motorola and talk to a CSR. Bet you'll have better luck.

xjman349

Reaction score

Thanks

Call Verizon. We are told to send them out if someone calls in having problems with their battery back.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised how many people have problems with the battery door. I've had 2 Droids so far and both battery doors were flush and stayed on perfectly. My first one's internet kept dying, so I had to return it for another, but the battery doors worked perfectly.

Now I have my Seidio case on it and wouldn't really matter if the door was loose, but it isn't.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised how many people have problems with the battery door. I've had 2 Droids so far and both battery doors were flush and stayed on perfectly. My first one's internet kept dying, so I had to return it for another, but the battery doors worked perfectly.

Now I have my Seidio case on it and wouldn't really matter if the door was loose, but it isn't.

I couldn't get mine off when I first got it. Now it seems if I drop it on the carpet the back pops off.

pdm0376

Reaction score
I went to Motorola's site and went to the chat area and ordered it that way. Got it in two days. I suggest others to do it that way as well.

Calla969

Reaction score
My first battery door fit flush and was very hard to remove the first time. After that it was very loose and eventually was lost. I emailed Motorola and they quickly sent out replacements for my phone and my wife's. The new door fits well, but I also noticed that it wasn't flush. I took the battery door and placed the end that sits higher than the phone body on a flat surface and bent it ever so gently with slight pressure until it sat flush. Now it fits tight and sits flush like the original one did. Quick easy fix.

joshua117

Reaction score
Haha, here i was thinking mine was just messed up. good to know.