Just polished my Droid... anyone else done this?

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
So I just got done sanding/stripping the paint off my Droid and then I polished it with some aluminum polish. I did it to the battery door cover and to the front frame around the screen. Im not sure if there is any more metal on the phone...

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wow that is NICE...NEVER seen anything like this done.

Can you post up some more pics?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never thought of that - kind of a cool idea. Thanks for sharing!

les017

Reaction score
Nice!!! All I've ever done was apply some Zaino polymer sealant and chemical polish to the bezel and screen.

eliassami5

Reaction score
cant rly tell cuz the pic is low quality but its unique for sure. By the rate my metal is chipping off around my screen my droid will look like that in about a year or so.

hookerdj

Reaction score
So I just got done sanding/stripping the paint off my Droid and then I polished it with some aluminum polish. I did it to the battery door cover and to the front frame around the screen. Im not sure if there is any more metal on the phone...
i have a chrome bezel on mine looks exactly the same?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
woah, that is awesome.

post more pics, please!!!

OP
S

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
I dropped the phone a few times and saw that it was metal so I just masked everything except the frame with regular white masking tape and trimmed it with a razor blade. I used an air grinder with a scotch bright disc for most of the paint removal then i used sand paper for the rest and to get a brushed finish. Mothers polish is the best for polishing metal, just a few quick rubs and it was almost a mirror shine. The battery door started flaking off and so I used a scotch bright disc on an air grinder to remove the rubber coating off that, its steel so its a little harder to polish, for the battery door it would be best to just strip the coating with chemicals.