Just polished my Droid... anyone else done this?

hookerdj

Reaction score
oh ok cause my frineds has the same dent but he was trying to pry the battery cover offf lol i guess he never figured it would slide off

nerdbox08

Reaction score
oh ok cause my frineds has the same dent but he was trying to pry the battery cover offf lol i guess he never figured it would slide off

My first one had the same thing happen.... that mesh bends real easy imo

Iphone Eyes

Reaction score
By the rate my metal is chipping off around my screen my droid will look like that in about a year or so.

OP
S

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
So does anyone know if anything else on the droid is metal?

I did some small scratch tests but I really dont want to ruin any plastic or rubber pieces....

Reaction score
Just took a magnet to my phone, I may be wrong, but the area above the battery door seems to be metal covered by the same rubber crap thats on the door. I think the same goes for below the door. Lol, I wonder if that counts as physical damage and will void your warranty, j/k I know it does, and yeah, if anything technical happens your screwed as far as getting it replaced for free. Nice work though I really want to do this to mine.

OP
S

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
I dont know if a magnet will actually tell you anything... the frame around the screen is aluminum and components like the speakers housed inside will attract magnets even through a thin plastic case.

Any other ideas? Maybe somebody has dropped their phone on another area of their phone and it has revealed metal? I think the most outer part of the frame might be metal because through all the drops mine has no marks but i dont want to ruin it to find out lol.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
looks good sc300. figured someone would take a sandpaper to the bezel at some point. if my bezel was damaged i'd give that a shot.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
ive always perceived this sites logo (top right of the page) as the Droid having a chrome bezel, and thought about doing this very mod when my first Droid's bezel got scratched.

then i dropped it- bad- and destroyed the finish (i need a perfect phone) and was going to try it.... then my email app kept force-closing on me so VZW replaced it for me.

now im back to a perfect phone.

OP
S

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
ive always perceived this sites logo (top right of the page) as the Droid having a chrome bezel

Yeah even in the TV ad for the droid it looks chrome... I google image searched it and couldnt find any polished droids.
weird

xliderider

Reaction score
I "think" the entire back side of the Droid is metal, except the black middle section that goes all the way around the phone and the top surface of the "chin".

It was stated that the "chin" was a necessary design element because the antenna needed to be exposed, at least in the front side, and not totally encased in a metal case due to the Faraday effect and it's effect on the RF performance of the phone.

So the Droid is painted? I always thought the aluminum case was hard anodized.

OP
S

SC300Drifter

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was paint or not. I used an air grinder and scotch brite pad to remove the black coating. The battery door was like a rubber coating, it came of with heat but I grinded it off as well.