1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Yet another use for the Droid during the cold weather

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Jim 777, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

A hand warmer! And man was it a good one.

Today for the first time, I reached down for the phone (it sits in a holster) and noticed it was warm, really warm for being in sleep/standby for the last 2 hours. Pulled it out and noticed the battery down to 60% and 50% came just minutes later. Took a look and there didn't seem to be any abnormal amount of background activity, and the power widget was as normal.

Long story short (I know, too late), a battery pull, and a charge later and it shut off on it's own and after a call the screen wouldn't come back on (buttons on the bottom were lit).

So I restored to my last back up and it's all good. I did have the Verizon VVM half uninstalled so I polished that off and created another restore point. If you are anyone, heed these words..... BACK UP OFTEN!!! Anytime you spend any time on your phone improving or modifying, make a restore point.
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Keep it OC'd all the time and you'll have a firestarter !
Search tags for this page

droid charge cold weather