battery door....unbelieveable...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They aren't flush with the rest of the phone (most notably by the camera), but it doesn't bug me. It doesn't feel like it adds any thickness and when I hold it, it doesn't feel like it. I like how much more secure it was than my old cover (which was pretty secure enough), but this one has no chance of getting lose when i get it out of my pocket.

Great job to Moto for addressing this problem so well.

crspang

Reaction score
Maybe the cover is outset a little to help protect the camera lens. At least that the explanation I'm going to justify it with.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
i posted a fix for the battery door issue...it makes it flush and stops the easy sliding of the door. try doing a search for that thread.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
how do you order these doors, I have tried everything I could find here and I can't seem to be able to order a replacement door.

I emailed on the Motorola link and got answer telling me to take the phone back under the warranty... :mad:

All I want is a replacement door not a whole new phone......

Any precise help would be appreciated....

Thanks

Call Verizon. We are told to send them out if someone calls in having problems with their battery back.

Thank You Sir, I shall give that a try.

ny00n

Reaction score
my droid battery door was loose just like the rest of yours, but I replaced it (not bc of the battery door, for other reasons) and the new phone's battery door is tight a hell! You even have to put some force in to closing it and it never comes loose unless i want itto come off. Maybe I got one of the newer made droids? I have no idea...

dro

Reaction score
My original door was semi loose, I found myself opening it sometimes while using the physical keyboard. Lost it in my pocket a few times too. Got the new one from Motorola and it fits nice and snug, no chance of loosing this one. After reading this I inspected it further and noticed the same issue. The edge near the processor area and camera is raised slightly and can be pressed in with minimal pressure. My original door did this as well, however to a much smaller degree. I would likely never have noticed this, along with the excess screen clearance behind the return key. Damn these forums!

Edit: Attempted to bend it flush pressing it against my desk but it did not work very well. It got looser and sat a little worse actually. After that I held it vertically with the prongs facing away from me and applied pressure to the center above the moto sign. This curved it ever so slightly and it now sits absolutely flawlessly, better than the original. It also grabs with some serious force now.