free droid battery door !!!

cb2000a

Reaction score
Well it looks like people abused the battery replacement door giveaway. I had a loose door but I just bent the lock tab slightly (as I read in one of the forums) and it now is fine.

thelion

Reaction score
Well... I *DO* need a door and both of my local stores are out of stock and the website is out of stock. So a big thank you to VZW who refers me to the (sold out) website and my local stores and the jackasses who ordered them when they did not need them.

Good going, guys. Do you feel accomplished now?

iPirate

Reaction score
Well... I *DO* need a door and both of my local stores are out of stock and the website is out of stock. So a big thank you to VZW who refers me to the (sold out) website and my local stores and the jackasses who ordered them when they did not need them.

OP or mod should update the first post...

Still free from Motorola,
Battery Door Replacement

Quote:
"A very small percentage of the doors are a the low end of our specifications. If you are having a problem with your door falling off, contact our call center. Use the link on our forum home page that says "Contact Us" and you can either call or chat or e-mail. We'll send you a new one.
Sorry for the problem."

Here is the link: https://www.motorola.com/feedback.jsp

J-Buck

Reaction score

You do realize that if everyone could only get 1, and only the people who needed them got them it would eventually run out anyway... lol

windstrings

Reaction score
LOL, there is a saying nothing is for free.

Right... they guy who steals a little girls bike out of her front yard because it wasn't locked up could all it "free" too.
While others will knock an old lady in the head for 10 bucks.....

The doors are not supposed to be free, but merely replacements for what you have already bought but was defective.

Motorola is giving them in good faith trying to be a good steward.

There is alot if injustice in this world because people take what the can and can what they take.

I guess if we take advantage of motorollas good graces they will have to tighten up and make us fill out forms and go through red tape next time.

One of the main reasons it takes an act of congress to get Car dealers to release a recall is because they get taken advantage of.

I would say "let your conscious by your guide"... but many have ignored that for so long they can't hear it even when they want to.

Not trying to condemn anyone..... but if the shoe fits... your the reason other people now cannot get one unless they buy it off of ebay......

Too bad it has to be a jungle out there and its every man for himself.

Hope you feel good for a few bucks!

Since I've been hearing frustrated people beating around the bush... since its Sunday.. I figured I might as well deliver the message to knock it off and grow up!

If you don't need a door.. don't order one and quit being a twerp!
Go get a real job!
A real job is often much less work and you can be human instead of subhuman.

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
Yes, they would have. However they would not have run out so quickly and more people that actually needed them would have them.

I think people that got them that did not need them (or got three when they only have one phone) are child like and sad. I'm not upset, I pity them that this is what amuses them. In the end, I have a cover for my Droid that I am forced to use so that my door doesn't fall off. So my phone is in no danger of coming apart but that is not the point. This is something I would expect from 15 year olds, not adults.

iPirate

Reaction score

You do realize that if everyone could only get 1, and only the people who needed them got them it would eventually run out anyway... lol
I don't get why you keep trying to justify what you did...

J-Buck

Reaction score

I don't get why you keep trying to justify what you did...
assumptions assumptions... i didn't DO anything. infact i dont even have 3 battery doors yet. and when i do im giving 1 to my sister. a profit of 30$ doesn't arouse me. i'm after the big fish u feel me? im not selling any of these on ebay. it was just an idea earlier.

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry about your issue with yours.

I'm sure I speak for all the jackasses who got their Droid door(s). Yea, I do have a problem with my droid door occasionally coming off, and yes I ordered 3 of them, and yes I'm giving one to each of my two co-workers who have Droids.

Last edited:

soops

Reaction score
I was able to order 2 late last night. Existing cover has a scratch (different problem, but the phone also popped like a few other guys have experienced here). Anyway, when I do get the extra batt.cover I would be willing to send the extra one to whoever wants it, long as you pay the shipping. Just PM me.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was able to order 2 late last night. Existing cover has a scratch (different problem, but the phone also popped like a few other guys have experienced here). Anyway, when I do get the extra batt.cover I would be willing to send the extra one to whoever wants it, long as you pay the shipping. Just PM me.
And I will be happy to do the same thing. I will give mine up if thelion or someone else who didn't get a free door that would be willing to pay for the shipping, I will send it to you.

Great idea soops.

huskur

Reaction score
LOL, there is a saying nothing is for free.

Right... they guy who steals a little girls bike out of her front yard because it wasn't locked up could all it "free" too.
While others will knock an old lady in the head for 10 bucks.....

The doors are not supposed to be free, but merely replacements for what you have already bought but was defective.

Motorola is giving them in good faith trying to be a good steward.

There is alot if injustice in this world because people take what the can and can what they take.

I guess if we take advantage of motorollas good graces they will have to tighten up and make us fill out forms and go through red tape next time.

One of the main reasons it takes an act of congress to get Car dealers to release a recall is because they get taken advantage of.

I would say "let your conscious by your guide"... but many have ignored that for so long they can't hear it even when they want to.

Not trying to condemn anyone..... but if the shoe fits... your the reason other people now cannot get one unless they buy it off of ebay......

Too bad it has to be a jungle out there and its every man for himself.

Hope you feel good for a few bucks!

Since I've been hearing frustrated people beating around the bush... since its Sunday.. I figured I might as well deliver the message to knock it off and grow up!

If you don't need a door.. don't order one and quit being a twerp!
Go get a real job!
A real job is often much less work and you can be human instead of subhuman.

I don't "need" a door but i did order 2. Why? The door i do have is easily taken off but does that mean that i need a door. NO. But guess what...i will replace the one i have with a tighter one and keep the other for a spare in case i damage one. I would rather have one on hand than have to wait for one while i try and use a defective one. Believe me, the doors are cheaply made and cost motorola viturally nothing. It's better to have your comsumers happy and glad to own a motorola than mad at a cheap door that not much thought was put in to. Anyway, i think motorola has stepped up to the plate and will get rewards from all that own one. Word of mouth is HUGE in marketing.

FYI....there is no harshness meant to be taken in this post, it's only my view. To each their own. Personally, i will recommend motorola to all my friends and family. (thats what they are looking for)