Uh-Oh!! Verizon's new battery door fix

mach330

Reaction score
am i the only one not having problems with the battery cover? i actually have a hard time taking it off.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Tramp Stamp

Verizon's way to promote their logo. Interesting and clever...not.

(Luckily no problems with battery door for me and if I did I suggest going through Motorola, even shelling out a few extra dollars to avoid the billboard on the back of your phone.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine is fine...

Justbags

Reaction score
That is definitely not acceptable! I got my replacement cover today... My cover was not real bad before, but my friend recently got the phone and hers does not come off ever unless u try... My new cover however sorta puckers up so there is a new lip to bother the crap out of me! Cant see it, but I sure can feel it!

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Mine's been just fine--it's tight. Still, I contacted Motorola and they sent me out a replacement via 2nd-day air and seems a little thicker than the original. At any rate, I don't have to go the bandaid route.

- Mega

OP
On Droids

On Droids

Reaction score
Mine's been just fine--it's tight. Still, I contacted Motorola and they sent me out a replacement via 2nd-day air and seems a little thicker than the original. At any rate, I don't have to go the bandaid route.

- Mega

You are right Mega... I have the original door my Droid came with and a Motorola replacement door. The foam tape on the inside of the door of the replacement is a little thicker than the foam tape on the original door. Compared side-by-side that is the only difference.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
am i the only one not having problems with the battery cover? i actually have a hard time taking it off.

mine too.

Mine's a launch day Droid, if that makes any difference...

J

JohnDroid

Mine has come off a few times but its mainly from being in my pocket and when i attempt to take it out getting hung up..

Reaction score
I'm not having a problem at all with my door, is it the newer (launch days ) phones, or in general? Should droids users call Motorola and have a spare in case?

C

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I have mine in a body glove so I really haven't had to deal with this issue. I do agree the vzw fix/workaround is not acceptable at all.

jasonb

Reaction score
mine is nice and solid. got mine on dec 6th.