[FIX] Fix for WiFi on Verizon JellyBean 4.1 Roms

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

I have been running JellyBean 4.1 on my Galaxy Nexus for the past few days. It is running pretty flawlessly and seems to just be a much more polished version of Ice Cream Sandwich. The only glaring issue that I have noticed is that the WiFi has really suffered in all of the JB Roms that I have flashed. Places where I was getting full signal I am now barely getting a signal and sometimes the WiFi can't connect at all. Mwalt2 of XDA discovered a very simple fix for this problem! He pulled the bcmdhd.cal file from the IMM76K build and pushed it to Jelly Bean. He has put together an easy to install flashable.zip file. Just download and install via ClockWorkMod Recovery. Some have suggested wiping cache, but Mwalt2 says it isn't necessary!

Grab the file via XDA, image via The Verge

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Wifi Fix

I held off until yesterday afternoon when I saw the Mwalt found the fix for this and flashed a ROM with his fix. Everything works perfect. Loving this buttery smooth, Google Now infused Jelly Bean. Worth the effort to flash.

kevin1016

Reaction score
I've noticed my Wifi icon usually has only two bars but when I use SpeedTest I get 24 down/5 up. At those speeds, I'm not sure why it only shows two bars. However, this was the exact same on ICS so I don't believe it's a JB bug.

gixxer1kdaddy

Reaction score
wi fi issues no , gps issues yes

flashed the jellybean rom onto my gnex yesterday. went out today and had to use navigation. the gps signal took about 3 - 5 minutes to lock on. haven't heard of anyone else with this issue. is anyone else having this problem?

kevin1016

Reaction score
I have this issue but I had the same issue on ICS as well. I've found that leaving GPS on greatly reduces the time to get a lock. I used to only turn on the GPS toggle when needing to use navigation and I would, sometimes, have to wait a few minutes for a lock. However, if the toggle has been on for awhile, it only takes about 10 seconds or so. I'm not really sure if leaving it on affects the battery.

Bowtie

Reaction score
I have been running JB since Friday. I have had no issues with my wifi from the word go. I have noticed that my GPS is off on my location. With ICS it was 90% accurate to with in 25 yards. But with JB its typically off by a 1/4 mile. I still have fast acquisition, with in 45 seconds or less, and man is this a sweet sweet phone! Definitely in love with my GNex again!