Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Getting Jelly Bean OTA Rollout Now!

Theodoric

Reaction score
Make sure Mobile Data is off

Buddy of mine can't get the update.
Yes he is on wifi.
Any advice

tap a talka thingy

This is what worked for me. I tried several times to clear the Services Framework Data and force stop with no luck. Then I shut of my Mobile Data and still no love. Then I did all of the above and rebooted. That did the trick. Now running sweet Jelly Bean. Yum.

TheDig

Reaction score
I went into settings-apps-all. Open Google services framework. Clear data and force stop. Then try to update. It took 4 times of doing this before mine went.

Running smooth as butter for a few hours now...

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Theodoric said:
This is what worked for me. I tried several times to clear the Services Framework Data and force stop with no luck. Then I shut of my Mobile Data and still no love. Then I did all of the above and rebooted. That did the trick. Now running sweet Jelly Bean. Yum.

Nope

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
question still stands

Im running JBSourcery, is it a waste to update naturally?

If you are running a JB ROM (which you are) and on the latest radios then, in my opinion, it is not worth doing the OTA.

MonKENy

Reaction score
thats what I figured but yo never know. I mean flashing stock JB isnt going to give all the great features Sourcery does so meh. I think im going to go flash JBS 2.3

MonKENy

Reaction score
Running 2.3 jbsourcery. As good as it ever was. Not seeing a huge change but that's not a bad thing. Skip the ota update and just flash this.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Was running jelly belly 8.0, used WUGs awesome toolkit, went back to stock and forced the OTA.. honestly im tired of updating/flashing the new jellybelly once or twice a week.

running the OTA with unlocked bootloader and root.. im good.