Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Nexus Getting Jelly Bean OTA Rollout Now!

warped1987

Reaction score
Tried doing the clear cache, force stop, and turned off mobile data or whatever, and still can't get it. My phone takes forever to compute too, ugh. JUST WANT MY JB since I can't unlock/root my phone! :'( No love here in Upstate New York

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
warped1987 said:
Tried doing the clear cache, force stop, and turned off mobile data or whatever, and still can't get it. My phone takes forever to compute too, ugh. JUST WANT MY JB since I can't unlock/root my phone! :'( No love here in Upstate New York

I had the same problem yesterday but it came over night while I was sleeping... so fear not, it will come soon!

Oh and by the way Flash still works... Bite me, adobe!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Try going to sleep and see if that helps! :p

captclueless

Reaction score
Got the update sometime during the early morning. All I can say is wow. My phone is like a whole new phone. going from screen to screen is instantaneous, going from app to app is immediate. Everything is just faster, smoother and a much better experience!

falexander115

Reaction score
How about the 'mic-muting' issue on the VZW GNex phones? Anyone with a stock device, who has had the problem, and is now on the official JB update, notice any difference with this issue??

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's the 'mic-muting' issue?

On a separate note, I miss my old boot animation on ICS. The new Jelly Bean animation is ...boring. :blink:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
First, I love my Galaxy S3, but after buying and LOVING my Nexus 7, I kind of wish I had gotten the Galaxy Nexus. I am loving the ability to modify my Nexus 7 with such ease. I know my S3 is easily modified too, but the N7 was made for it. the camera in the S3 was the big thing that had me wait for it and buy it and I'm glad I did. With a very fast and energetic 2 year old, the fast camera is worth it. I don't always have my DSLR on me so my phone has to be able to keep up. Next time though, I'll have to take a closer look at the Nexus of the day and give it a hard consideration.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, I love my Galaxy S3, but after buying and LOVING my Nexus 7, I kind of wish I had gotten the Galaxy Nexus. I am loving the ability to modify my Nexus 7 with such ease. I know my S3 is easily modified too, but the N7 was made for it. the camera in the S3 was the big thing that had me wait for it and buy it and I'm glad I did. With a very fast and energetic 2 year old, the fast camera is worth it. I don't always have my DSLR on me so my phone has to be able to keep up. Next time though, I'll have to take a closer look at the Nexus of the day and give it a hard consideration.

At this point you realize that you can play the waiting game forever. I'm sure the phone that comes out after the GS3 will be better in many ways to the GS3 (iPhone 5 excluded hehe). I got the GNex largely due to the camera, and compared to my OG Droid, is soooo much faster.

I wonder if upgrading the camera for newer devices is dependent upon the hardware, or simply a software upgrade? Perhaps there's a camera app I could buy to mimic S3's capabilities on my GNex.

MonKENy

Reaction score
im a butt hair away from swapping my nexus w/a g3 I keep having issues w/the nexus and im underwhelmed at best. I blame verizon not Google or samsung

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Dammit! they spoiled boot animation!
And they changed the clear notifications button from an "X" to something that really doesn't indicate exactly what it does!

Overall I think it's improvement... But why do stuff like that? These and other small but very odd changes were completely unnecessary.

zero7404

Reaction score
i like the new animation better than the old ....

its more subtle .... it's kind of like the windows 7 animation ....

curious, how could you tell what was happening during bootup with the old animation ?

posted via android ....

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
zero7404 said:
i like the new animation better than the old ....

its more subtle .... it's kind of like the windows 7 animation ....

curious, how could you tell what was happening during bootup with the old animation ?

posted via android ....

I was referring to the "clear notification" toggle... not the boot. It looks like stairs.... The boot animation is boring.

bpsack

Reaction score
Jelly Bean a Great Improvement for Galaxy Nexus

For my Nexus, the Jelly Bean update (Android 4.1.1, Build JRO030) changed my Nexus markedly for the good. Previous to Jelly Bean, my Nexus would drop calls and lose network connectivity frequently, especially in a 1-2 bar signal area, leading me to conclude that the Nexus was the worst phone I've ever owned. With Jelly Bean running for 3 days now, I have had no dropped calls, no loss of network and the reported signal strength has gone up by about 1 bar in the same areas. It also appears that Jelly Bean has a better power manager, as the battery is also lasting longer. This is definitely a worthwhile upgrade that justifies the extra work to get it on Wi-Fi. :)