[ROM] AXIOM ENGAGE Jelly Bean 4.1 for Galaxy Nexus

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I can't comment on boot manager functionality unfortunately considering I don't use it. But everything I use sure works.

You should try it out, it's pretty cool (unless, like I mentioned, you're trying out JB, it works well with ICS). I keep CM9 as my main Rom, but boot in to AOKP via Boot Manager every now and then, completely skips the whole recovery process of backing up, wiping, flashing, playing around with your secondary Rom, then returning by wiping, restoring...
Free version and Pro version

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This ROM is running like a champ!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

techRob

Reaction score
So am I alone in the fact that I can't get a "data" connection? (3g, etc..) ...only wireless...

::EDIT::
Looks like I lost CWM too some how :( ... i hold the power button + "volume down" down, and I get the original boot screen - green android, start tab/arrow, and the text: "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

::EDIT 2::
Got myself into CWM via "Rom Manager" , and applied a backed up ROM :)

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So am I alone in the fact that I can't get a "data" connection? (3g, etc..) ...only wireless...

Looks like I lost CWM too some how :( ... i hold the power button + "volume down" down, and I get the original boot screen - green android, start tab/arrow, and the text: "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

I've had a good connection. And hold both volume buttons, just holding down plus power puts you in download mode.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

techRob

Reaction score
I've had a good connection. And hold both volume buttons, just holding down plus power puts you in download mode.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

I never could remember about the volume rocker part. :) ... I'm pretty sure I figured out the issue. I wasn't paying close attention, and clicked the wrong Mirror link (for 1) - the blue on black is hard to read for me ... and in the process of clicking the wrong mirror link, I got the wrong download (naturally) - I flashed the Maguro one....I noticed on that Download screen (when I did the volume down + power), my device said toro. I always space that I need to watch for "Toro" :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Very cool. glad you got it all sorted out and working now :biggrin:

Enjoy the jelly beans!!

chewy74

Reaction score
To get to your recovery you have to hold down the volume up AND down while holding the power button down all at the same time. You will be brought to a screen with the android guy on its back with its front plate opened. You need to scroll with your volume rocker until you get to recovery and then hit the power button to select. Then you will be booted into your custom recovery.

Holding volume down and power at the same time only brings you to Odin

::EDIT 2::
Got myself into CWM via "Rom Manager" , and applied a backed up ROM :)

Last edited:

omgidfk

Reaction score
Now Apex launcher just needs to update so it'll work with JB! Just constant FCs with apex. Only issue I'm having so far =[

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Can't believe I am just finding out about this now. Gonna download and give it a shot.:hail:

edit: link not working for anyone else?

roboots21

Reaction score
Now Apex launcher just needs to update so it'll work with JB! Just constant FCs with apex. Only issue I'm having so far =[

Apex was just updated in the Play Store to fix FC's in Jelly Bean .... :)

52brandon

Reaction score
Can't believe I am just finding out about this now. Gonna download and give it a shot.:hail:

edit: link not working for anyone else?
he changed the location on his site. I think the bandwidth of the original location was too small

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You should try it out, it's pretty cool (unless, like I mentioned, you're trying out JB, it works well with ICS). I keep CM9 as my main Rom, but boot in to AOKP via Boot Manager every now and then, completely skips the whole recovery process of backing up, wiping, flashing, playing around with your secondary Rom, then returning by wiping, restoring...
Free version and Pro version

I've gotten so used to wiping data for a new build that if I choose to use multiple ROMs, I just wipe repeatedly :biggrin:. I'm a big stock features guy with great performance. And yes as far as JB goes, I'm staying on Razor's Jelly until source drops because I have, remarkably, no issues to speak of. Literally less than the stock unrooted 4.0.4 OTA. Its crazy.

Last edited:

angelman

Reaction score
I am using this ROM. It's the first ROM I have flashed to my nexus. JB gave me the motivation to finally root and flash my nexus. I had been happy with ICS and the upgrade to 4.0.4 was a welcome one. This JB rom is in a different league and it's not even using the final version of JB yet. If it's this good at this point that's amazing. It works flawlessly for me. I have no trouble with wifi, bluetooth, data or anything else. I just encouraged my friend to move to this ROM and he is very happy too.
The only critiscism I have is that the colours or gamma seem slightly off. I know this ROM has a gamma tweak to it, not sure if that is the cause. The whites just seem rather too blue overall as if the colour temperature had changed.
Other than that this ROM works better, faster and more reliably than the OTA 4.0.4 I had before.
Now Apex launcher has been tweaked to work with JB it's even better!

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Can't believe I have not seen this sooner. DT's ROMs have always been some of my favorites. Time to give his JB once a whirl, I am sure it will not disappoint at all. :D Booting up for the first time now after the flash, and I am super excited.