Android 4.1: What's Exactly New?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
14llvud.jpg

Android 4.1 JellyBean is already here and there's a whole slew of new things in this new OS. Google's direction this time around was simple. They kept Android Jelly Bean to look like ICS for the most part, but this time.. the fixed pretty much everything that was still a little laggy and slow, as well as some important features Android was still lacking. If you thought ICS was smooth, just wait to you try out Project Butter. And of course, some of the new UI changes and new little things that they've added on to.

Many of you have read about Android 4.1 and maybe even watched the Keynote, but you haven't seen many polished videos yet showing it off other than the quick ones that people took at the keynote themselves.

Well, my favorite reviewer, MKBHD/marquesbrownlee, has come to your aid to show off Android 4.1 in a very.. "Verge-Esque" video style that in my opinion, is only rivaled by The Verge themselves.

So, if you're on the fence about whether to ditch AOKP 40, CM9, MIUI, or whatever other ROM your own - or even if your still on Android 4.0.2-4, this video should be able to sway you to make the switch. I did, and it sure is worth it.

[video=youtube;poSFV9_abcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSFV9_abcw&feature=g-all-u"]Top 5 Android 4.1 Jellybean Features! - YouTube[/video]​

Want more help with Android 4.1? Here are a few tips and tricks as well as a list of the new features.

Source(s). Droid-Life - Android 4.1 JellyBean - Tips and Tricks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This guy puts out some quality reviews. Definitely subscribing to him on youtube, I don't know why I didn't before.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy puts out some quality reviews. Definitely subscribing to him on youtube, I don't know why I didn't before.
Completely agree, I completely love this guys reviews. Top notch.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I didn't know Google Now was like this, I missed the whole segment of JB at the I/O stream. Works pretty well and I really like it, no need to search or anything, swipe up from the lock screen and it's all there for me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Google Now was like this, I missed the whole segment of JB at the I/O stream. Works pretty well and I really like it, no need to search or anything, swipe up from the lock screen and it's all there for me.

You can also swipe up from the home button.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
awesome vid. ...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
another good vid that the forum should watch

[video=youtube;Ktoalz6PbXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktoalz6PbXc[/video]

SwagTech

Reaction score
I can't wait to get home tonight and flash this. I was up all night watching YouTube. I feel like I'm apart of something epic lol. Now if I was only this excited to go home to my girlfriend lol.. just joking.. I think

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess its time to get a Nexus.

Great video, subscribed!