Firefox for Android - February!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes!! Finally...I mean...Meh...before I get too excited I'm just going to believe that the Feb date is BS and they end up delaying it. That way when it does come out in Feb I'll actually be surprised! This is the lesson I learned after all this 2.1 update biznitch.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
Ok and Hershey released it's new chocolate bar for taste testing........it however is a beta bar made from cardboard! lol That's ok even though I don't understand how we can test a non-surfing browser, at least it's coming.......hey is 2.1 still coming?

I sense some sarcasm in this post but I'm not sure where because my emotions meter is still in alpha testing.

Your post cracked me up.

heavyMGS

Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for Firefox browser on the Droid too. Glad it looks like it's going to be here in February! Firefox is the only browser I've used on my home computers for many years.

I looked at that link, and I wonder who, besides Tigger knew what the heck it means.

I was also curious if this is Ms. Tigger on the right side of the page, and is her favorite song "Ride The Tiger":

FirefoxMobile.jpg

I had no idea what that page said either but my eyes were then drawn to the super weird advertisement on the right hand side of the page. That thing looks creepy.

I too can't wait for FF to hit my Droid. It's the main thing I have been looking forward to having on my phone. If its not ready yet, it's not ready yet. I can live with that.

If they need beta testers, I can live with that too. I know I would be glad to help in any way I can. Plus, it's always pretty hard for me to complain about something that is FREE. Been rocking FF on my laptop forever and love it and never had to pay a single dime for it.

Chrome and Opera are great and all but I still like to get out my customized as all get out version of FF to really get some power surfing done. Plus, I always keep a clean, Ad-Block plus only installed extension, portable version of FF ready on my desktop and on my flash drive.

Once FF for Droid gets going, it's gonna be amazing. Things just keep getting better and better with this device/OS and it's exciting to be able to participate and interact with an ever growing community of devs and enthusiasts*

I did like my BB, but I love my Droid and when FF drops, with extensions, it's gonna own.

*cell ph0ne nerd5

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
fail by Mozilla, haha... can't surf the web?

i dont understand why people do not understand? it might work on the net. or it might not. they wont the masses of android users to use it and report bugs THEN they will produce a really good stable version.

very simple concept people.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

i dont understand why people do not understand? it might work on the net. or it might not. they wont the masses of android users to use it and report bugs THEN they will produce a really good stable version.

Ok but to test a browser it should have the ability to surf the web and render pages to see if it is even capable of doing that. What else is there to test??? Open and close???

heavyMGS

Reaction score

Ok but to test a browser it should have the ability to surf the web and render pages to see if it is even capable of doing that. What else is there to test??? Open and close???

The folks over @ Mozilla are pretty darn bright, I'm sure there is a method to the madness, but we still don't know exactly what it's gonna be so I'm just gonna wait and see what is presented and proceed from there.

Too many hypotheticals at this point to feel one way or the other about how the beta stuff is gonna work out.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score

lol you got it!!!

;)

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
5 screens ?

how do you get 5 screens like that ? that looked really cool and id appreciate any help with changing my screen to accomodate more apps and widgets. im new to the droid community and i have a moto droid and i love it. its my first android phone and i dont think ill ever get another style of phone even if the iphone does come to verizon. id like to have a metallic type background with the 5 screen format where i can put individual pictures in the center of each one. is there anyway to do that? thanks to anyone that helps !

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
how do you get 5 screens like that ? that looked really cool and id appreciate any help with changing my screen to accomodate more apps and widgets. im new to the droid community and i have a moto droid and i love it. its my first android phone and i dont think ill ever get another style of phone even if the iphone does come to verizon. id like to have a metallic type background with the 5 screen format where i can put individual pictures in the center of each one. is there anyway to do that? thanks to anyone that helps !

Start here.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...2-apk-now-2-0-1-2-1-app-drawer-5-screens.html

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

theonlyMcG

Reaction score

I just came on here to say something like this. I don't trust this source at all. Having followed the development of Fennec (Firefox Mobile) over the past year, Mozilla isn't making a product called Firefox Mobile and any news site calling it that probably doesn't have their sources straight. The last I heard on the Fennec front was that there was no release date set in the near future, especially February.