Firefox for Android - February!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by RinTinTigger, Jan 26, 2010.

1. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    :rofl3: GREAT sig pic AbbyNormal

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah but nobody touches your signature KZIWarrior:)

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    LOL, thanks Hook.

4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    I've been patiently waiting for Firefox browser on the Droid too. Glad it looks like it's going to be here in February! Firefox is the only browser I've used on my home computers for many years.

I looked at that link, and I wonder who, besides Tigger knew what the heck it means.

I was also curious if this is Ms. Tigger on the right side of the page, and is her favorite song "Ride The Tiger":

[​IMG]

5. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is that page translated

" On the Mozilla community Web page camp firefox.de now announced that a first version of Firefox Mobile for Android will be available from next month (February 2010). The entire project is currently since December 2009 and now are "Worst work already performed".
    Surfing in the initial release should, however, is not possible, just start application to identify first vulnerabilities and errors.
    The mobile edition of Firefox already is maemo platform for Nokias and in a pre-release version for Windows Mobile available, the Android version wants to compete but Lite browser with internal chrome should she quite fast and stable work. I am pleased about this development at least."

6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    Yea, but what about that sweet looking German honey on the right, what message is she conveying?

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes!! Finally...I mean...Meh...before I get too excited I'm just going to believe that the Feb date is BS and they end up delaying it. That way when it does come out in Feb I'll actually be surprised! This is the lesson I learned after all this 2.1 update biznitch.

8. heavyMGS

heavyMGS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I sense some sarcasm in this post but I'm not sure where because my emotions meter is still in alpha testing.

Your post cracked me up.

9. heavyMGS

heavyMGS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had no idea what that page said either but my eyes were then drawn to the super weird advertisement on the right hand side of the page. That thing looks creepy.

I too can't wait for FF to hit my Droid. It's the main thing I have been looking forward to having on my phone. If its not ready yet, it's not ready yet. I can live with that.

If they need beta testers, I can live with that too. I know I would be glad to help in any way I can. Plus, it's always pretty hard for me to complain about something that is FREE. Been rocking FF on my laptop forever and love it and never had to pay a single dime for it.

Chrome and Opera are great and all but I still like to get out my customized as all get out version of FF to really get some power surfing done. Plus, I always keep a clean, Ad-Block plus only installed extension, portable version of FF ready on my desktop and on my flash drive.

Once FF for Droid gets going, it's gonna be amazing. Things just keep getting better and better with this device/OS and it's exciting to be able to participate and interact with an ever growing community of devs and enthusiasts*

I did like my BB, but I love my Droid and when FF drops, with extensions, it's gonna own.

*cell ph0ne nerd5

10. blitzburgh39

blitzburgh39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont understand why people do not understand? it might work on the net. or it might not. they wont the masses of android users to use it and report bugs THEN they will produce a really good stable version.

very simple concept people.

11. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +352
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    Ok but to test a browser it should have the ability to surf the web and render pages to see if it is even capable of doing that. What else is there to test??? Open and close???

12. heavyMGS

heavyMGS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The folks over @ Mozilla are pretty darn bright, I'm sure there is a method to the madness, but we still don't know exactly what it's gonna be so I'm just gonna wait and see what is presented and proceed from there.

Too many hypotheticals at this point to feel one way or the other about how the beta stuff is gonna work out.

Search tags for this page

enable flash on firefox on android