Still no FF? Dang! I also saw activity and hoped for good news! :( mikey

Nope, just ....
026.gif

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's about 1.5 hours for this to be released in February!!!!!!

stdesign

Reaction score
Didn't they say END of this year?
They are waiting for 2.1 before they release FF ...:icon_ banana: mike :)

Took the words out of my mouth. I think (or hope, anyway) that Moto/Google actually HAS been listening to the forums like this one, and is fixing up the 2.1 upgrade, so that us Droid users will be very happy with the functionality. Possibly they really want to keep us as customers? It's a forgotten concept nowadays, but maybe it's catching on again, eh? ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Firefox is slated for the END of the year. Moto and Google have nothing to do with it. Different companies.

stdesign

Reaction score
Firefox is slated for the END of the year. Moto and Google have nothing to do with it. Different companies.

Different companies? Yes, that's true. But whatever company is making the software, it's gotta run on AndroidOS, which is a Google thing. I just meant that, possibly, Mozilla is waiting for the Android devs to throw them a bone that would (or may) help FF run better on 2.1 (whenever it comes out). People are talking about the big negative for Android devices right now... Many devices with different OS versions; so it would be nice to know that Google, along with the other software and hardware makers, is trying to get some cooperation/synergy going for the good of all Android devices.

jcocozza

Reaction score
I too use Firefox and would love it for the DROID. I have read that ADOBE has created FLASH for the DROID, will the FIREFOX BROWSER have FLAsh plug ins? For work I have to view a lot of web pages with Flash and it sucks to still have to lug a round my laptop. (maybe I should get an iPad)

Any idea when these will be avail for download?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too use Firefox and would love it for the DROID. I have read that ADOBE has created FLASH for the DROID, will the FIREFOX BROWSER have FLAsh plug ins? For work I have to view a lot of web pages with Flash and it sucks to still have to lug a round my laptop. (maybe I should get an iPad)

Any idea when these will be avail for download?

Firefox (Fennecc) will not be available for quite some time on the Droid, possibly the end of the year from what I have heard. Flash is supposed to be available by the end of the first quarter of this year (soon). The iPad does not support flash and will never support flash according to Steve Jobs, so it wouldn't make any sense to buy one if you have the intentions of viewing web sites with flash on them.