FireFox Beta Now Available

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
firefox.jpg
Firefox was once the best browser available for the PC world, now Chrome takes the cake, but you can still experience this on your device. Just yesterday Mozilla released the beta version of their long waiting browsers. I guess they have worked out the kinks and issues that were present in the alpha, and are now hoping you enjoy the experience. I am not entirely sure I will use this on my phone since its all about Delphine browser, but I am sure some of you will want it.

Check out the market for it. It's Android 2.0+ By the way.

News via: AC

Darkseider

Reaction score
Donwload, installed and tested. IT SUCKS! It is NO faster and NO smaller than the alpha builds before it. As a matter of fact I would actually say it is slower. Not to mention the pinch to zoom is horrible, focus is horrible and rendering is even more horrible. I would rather use Lynx than this turd of a browser.

markwebb

Reaction score
Nice information but I think I will pass. I gave up on Firefox both for mobile and desktop.

Xscope is my choice for mobile! Fast and easy.

ZachsX

Reaction score
I don't care for it, no built in flash, no built in youtube player, laggy start up :( dissappointed

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I tried to install it, but once it got to the 30MB mark, /data filled up and my phone started crashing. Droid is very limited on space, and I'm not going to be giving 30MB to a BROWSER.

linkboy

Reaction score
I ran this on my Droid and it just crashed the phone to the point where I had to do a battery pull. Its off my phone.

Droids

Reaction score
I installed it just now, and now I will uninstall it. It's beta I know, but feels alpha. Has a long way to go yet. Xscope is the best.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Uninstall, slowed down my whole phone, redraw everytime coming out of it. very slow

dadarkside

Reaction score
I installed and was very excited to start using it.

It froze the phone up on the first webpage load. Had to battery pull. I will be uninstalling.

IanG

Reaction score
Apparently Firefox still thinks that they're developing a Desktop browser here, because this thing is SLOW.

Come on Mozilla. Either push out a quality product, or don't push one out at all.

timrock

Reaction score
makes you wonder how thorough the testing was for this app. IMO, Dolphin Browser IS the mobile version of FF.

tjs

Reaction score
Screwed phone up and 5min. later it rebooted itself. Uninstalled.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk