Firefox for Android - February!

Demo24

Reaction score
hmm, I've been excited about this since hearing some news late last year. At least Mozilla is giving us some kind of news and soon some sort of product. Shame it won't be terribly useful though but I'm interested to see what it will look like!

ipawd1

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but until this is completely updated...im still torn between xscope and dolphin..

drmcstford

Reaction score
Thats is awesome! It's what I'm using now and its the best browser hands down!

MotoDroid

Reaction score
Ok and Hershey released it's new chocolate bar for taste testing........it however is a beta bar made from cardboard! lol That's ok even though I don't understand how we can test a non-surfing browser, at least it's coming.......hey is 2.1 still coming?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
K, I'll play the role of buzz-kill...

So next month they will be at the same point they were with the WM version almost 2 years ago.... WOW, impressive... Especially when seeing that in that time they still haven't made any real progress with the WM version. So this means we may have a working beta for Android in 2012. Can't wait:icon_ banana: It should be REALLY impressive on my new device (probably the Droid 3):icon_ devil:

(And yes to any potential flamers, I realize they didn't have the Android platform available to build for 2 years ago, this is more a statement of how SLOWWWWW and disappointing Fennac development has been since its conception especially compared to it's competition).

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been patiently waiting for Firefox browser on the Droid too. Glad it looks like it's going to be here in February! Firefox is the only browser I've used on my home computers for many years.

I looked at that link, and I wonder who, besides Tigger knew what the heck it means.

I was also curious if this is Ms. Tigger on the right side of the page, and is her favorite song "Ride The Tiger":

FirefoxMobile.jpg

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is that page translated

" On the Mozilla community Web page camp firefox.de now announced that a first version of Firefox Mobile for Android will be available from next month (February 2010). The entire project is currently since December 2009 and now are "Worst work already performed".
Surfing in the initial release should, however, is not possible, just start application to identify first vulnerabilities and errors.
The mobile edition of Firefox already is maemo platform for Nokias and in a pre-release version for Windows Mobile available, the Android version wants to compete but Lite browser with internal chrome should she quite fast and stable work. I am pleased about this development at least."

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is that page translated

" On the Mozilla community Web page camp firefox.de now announced that a first version of Firefox Mobile for Android will be available from next month (February 2010). The entire project is currently since December 2009 and now are "Worst work already performed".
Surfing in the initial release should, however, is not possible, just start application to identify first vulnerabilities and errors.
The mobile edition of Firefox already is maemo platform for Nokias and in a pre-release version for Windows Mobile available, the Android version wants to compete but Lite browser with internal chrome should she quite fast and stable work. I am pleased about this development at least."
Yea, but what about that sweet looking German honey on the right, what message is she conveying?