Firefox for Android - February!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey folks!

Now this is great news for all, disliking the original browser!
Firefox for Android is on its way to the devices.

On February 2010, as announced, there will be a first release of the well known browser! Sadly, this first version wont be able to surf around the net, but being able to start and locate major issues. Though being available for Windows Mobile and Maemo already, Firefox has to run real stable and fast to compete with the internal chrome-lite browser. A release for a surfable version hasn't been announced yet, but there is at least a good direction.

Source

Tigger

Last edited by a moderator:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So if the first version can't surf the net what is the point??? Been waiting anxiously for this but I'll wait a little longer for the full working version.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
fail by Mozilla, haha... can't surf the web?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
A browser that doesn't browse...

Very interested concept!

Seriously though, I can't wait to have this on my phone. The ability to sync my laptop, work, and phone favorites together is going to be wonderful.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Guys,

Its just a announcement. Maybe they will do better in the first version.
PLUS: its very important for all to know that something happens in that direction!

Tigger

Last edited by a moderator:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
we're just having some fun RinTin... i respect Mozilla, and have been using their products for years (decade by now?)

but i'm excited once a usuable version is released

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Surfable or not, I'll be glad to help beta test. As nice as the stock browser is, I keep finding myself missing the features I'm used to in Firefox.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright! I personally use Chrome now more than ever, although the Android Browser seems nothing like chrome, this is very good news and great to see a familiar face on my homescreen :D

MK17

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like there would be very little to test if the program doesn't serve its main purpose in the beta version

Seems to me, that would be like trying out the beta version of a navigation software that doesn't use GPS yet...

supahrob

Reaction score
LOL I gotta agree with most of the posts here. A browser that doesn't browse? How incredibly useful! Where can I send my money?

To see if it works? Well.. since it doesn't browse, let me save em the trouble. NO. It does not work. This seems so silly to me... but I will be very stoked to have FF on my phone... once it works - again, this version does not... and no, I aint psychic lol!

Just teasin the FF team a bit... sorta

Take care,
Rob

lord273kelvin

Reaction score
indeed. browser that can't browse is sheer fail. Firefox is my without a doubt my fav browser choice in PCs but in android, Dolphin Browser already does a pretty good job for me so I think I'll be fine.