Female droid users - are there any here?

cb2000a

Reaction score
chick droid user here, as well. the phone that i used before getting the droid didn't have bluetooth but i didnt care. i couldnt make phone calls and send texts..it took me a while...but i gotter done. I wanted a droid because I am a consumer whore. i was interested in the i dont/droid does intro. then the bucket of bones came out and that was it for me. i LOVE this phone.
this phone has so many tools to keep my stuff straight. and as soon as i quit playin with that fart app, i am gonna start doing some of the aforementioned straightened stuff.
i want to take my phone to vermont and marry it. i loooove it!
and i look down my noise at those men who have smart phones that arent droids.

Now now...please resist the temptation to become a phone snob...:motdroidvert:

Tj12761

Reaction score
49-year old Female Research & Development Manager here.

I just purchased my Droid last week and am loving it! :heart:

Just wondering when we'll get a female droid tone. :biggrin:

zero7starz

Reaction score
Lol I am a female droid user, and am studying to be a developer.

I agree that the phone is a bit masculine, but nothing that a cute case and a cute wallpaper didn't fix for me! I got over that very quickly with all the accessories and functionality it has, and I've sold many droids (I'm a verizon rep) to many females as well who love the way it looks.

My phone is also rooted and flashed to bugless beast :) Its awesome.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I agree that the phone is a bit masculine, but nothing that a cute case and a cute wallpaper didn't fix for me! I got over that very quickly with all the accessories and functionality it has, and I've sold many droids (I'm a verizon rep) to many females as well who love the way it looks.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/22597-hi-my-name-shmooze-im-androholic.html post #9 There is a phone that has been all dressed up! Some sort of gel skin she put on it.

bpad10

Reaction score

Hahaha...my wife said and did the same thing with hers...got her one a week ago and hers is already rooted, mine is stock and it almost looks like a baby blue purse....not too difficult to see who's is who's

fgw

Reaction score
Lady Droid here. Got mine 2 months ago. Have an amethyst Seidio on it. Have not rooted yet because I keep hoping for 2.1. Don't see this as a male/female thing. Just see it as a smart choice by a smart woman to own the best smart phone.

sxfinkel

Reaction score
Hi there I love my droid phone. I oh so wanted the iPhone to come to Verizon until I got my hands on the droid. I haven't rooted it yet but I love the fact that it is so customizable and addicting. I am constantly modifying screens and trying out new things that I learn on this forum.

cool username

Reaction score
i'm a female droid owner. i can't say i ever thought it was "masculine".
i like it because its "square"... i'm over the rounded edges that are supposed to be "futuristic" or whatever.
i was sort of thinking of getting the iphone but i dont get any at&t service at my house. now that i got the droid even if i got at&t at my house i'd never ever get the iphone. my boyfriend is jealous of the capabilities i have with my phone.

but i really don't see how a phone can be masculine or feminine. this reminds me of car forums when guys go nuts when there's a female user.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yet another female droid owner - I bought for functionality and FUN...I enjoy getting together with others who own DROIDS to talk about what we do and don't do with our phones and most of these are guys....how we customize, use apps / widgets, hints, tips, etc...now my other half owns a Storm and just doesn't get how I can spend hours messing with a phone...its not just a phone I say...DDDDRRRRROOOOIIIIIIDDDDD!!!! LOL

checker555

Reaction score
I'm a stay-at-home mom who LOVES my Droid. I am a total techie geek whose husband can barely operate his new dumb flip phone (I had to get it all set up for him). I was counting the days till my upgrade back in November so I could get mine, and my husband teases me that it's rarely left my hand since.

The functionality and customizability are must-haves for me. I would hate the restrictiveness and dumbed-down feeling of an iPhone. I use my Droid for so many thing it would leave a Droid Void in my life if I ever had to part with it.

I haven't seen the Princess commercial, so I can't comment on that, but I have made such fanboys out of my kids that they yell at the Luke Wilson commercial and yell "DROID!!!!" whenever they see a Droid commercial.

And they're always asking me if they can play with my phone. And I always say no. :)

bizfox

Reaction score
I'm a female Droid owner as well, and I love this device! Since I bought it last month, I've already rooted and customized it with several ROMs and themes (still experimenting which one works the best for me). I use the Droid for my editing and writing work, too.

As far as its looks go, I actually like its robust build. I'm one of those people who go for both function and style... not just appearance. Like my brother used to tell me, what's the point of all that beauty, if there is no intelligence underneath?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm a female droid owner. i can't say i ever thought it was "masculine".
i like it because its "square"... i'm over the rounded edges that are supposed to be "futuristic" or whatever.
i was sort of thinking of getting the iphone but i dont get any at&t service at my house. now that i got the droid even if i got at&t at my house i'd never ever get the iphone. my boyfriend is jealous of the capabilities i have with my phone.

but i really don't see how a phone can be masculine or feminine. this reminds me of car forums when guys go nuts when there's a female user.

this is so true... i just assumed by your avatar (i spy intercooler) that you were a dude. ;) the most popular person on a car forum i frequent is a girl, and i think it's partially for that reason..

RV9A

Reaction score
Seidio case

Another female Droid-lover here. I don't particularly care that it's not the "sexiest" phone I've ever owned; if that was my priority, I'd have kept my shiny LG enV3. I can't even really express everything that I like about it...I guess it's just that it DOES. :D Worlds away from a dumbphone, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to one, nor can I foresee wanting to.

My wife and I got BOGO from Verizon and I ordered two different colored snap on cases. Her's is pink at least that's what Seidio calls it, more like mauve. Mine is grey. That way I don't head out the door with the wrong phone.

I have nothing to do with Seidio, but the cases fit great and they really add to the looks in my opinion. take care.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another female Droid here. The Droid is an awesome piece of technology with endless functionality and capabilities. It’s not for everyone and that’s to its credit. It’s by no means out of the box perfect, but the research you do and the work you put into it are half the fun of customizing it to your liking. I don’t see it as masculine at all. I see it is innovative, edgy, and efficient. Power and confidence are sexy. The Droid is a sexy beast. I LOVE my Droid!