Female droid users - are there any here?

brindanoize

Reaction score
-Was curious as to how many Droid female users there are on this forum. And not only that, but just wondering what the reactions are within the world of women. Do your female friends like your blocky black droid, do you have to defend it against accesorized iPhones? Where they insulted by the Princess commercial?

My wife loves and wants mine...but has got the Eris for a month to try it out...I don't think it's gonna cut it though, I constantly brag about my Droid so although the Eris is a sexier close second that I know is more than enough for what she'll use...I think it's gonna get returned and goodbye BOGO offer and I'll have to shell out $150.

Outside of the home though, I don't see any women turned on by my Droid...but I have heard some being put off by it's name "I don't need a ::mockingly:Droid, I want something simple".

Just a simple sexist question.

Thanks,

LordKastle

Reaction score
don't know too many females who consider any phone "sexy" (unless of course they are trying to compensate for something else :p) ...and in that case many of the guys who own iPhone's would be feminine.

ps... there's plenty of femme fatales on here.

they are planning a revolution.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
don't know too many females who consider any phone "sexy"...just for the record.

ps... there's plenty of femme fatales on here.

they are planning a revolution.
ahhh you'd be surprised : )

tonyag9

Reaction score
You know what's funny? I am a girl and I never even thought of my droid as being a masculine phone or anything like that until the princess commercials. BUT I like it :) Who wants some sissy little girlie phone anyway ;) lol I have been in love with my droid for 3 weeks now and have searched for and downloaded programs, books, songs, etc. and was loving it!!!!!! Then yesterday, my Droid slipped out of my hands and into a half coke-filled cup in my cup-holder in the car!!! ACK!!! It is sitting in a baggie of rice right now, but since I was on my way to the hair salon I did everything wrong (turned it on repeatedly, plugged in car charger, etc) before I could look up what to do. As of earlier, it would turn on and the buttons were lit up and would vibrate when I touched them - though nothing else was responsive - black screen. I am addicted to it already and am at the moment extremely devastated - help a Droid loving female will ya!? :) Any ideas?

Wait, sorry my first ever post here and I'm threadjacking lol I'll start a new thread on this. But yes, I know a few women who love the Droid already and I'm sure there are many more to come :)

miss chris

Reaction score
I like my phones for what they do not how they look, but that being said I think my droid makes this woman sexier than a pretty iphone would!

kamkay

Reaction score
Female and love the plain simple but sleek black design. I had another phone in the past that i bought because i liked that it was pure black. I can always "bling" it out if I choose but I like it the way it is. Also like the "Droid" name well enough that I have it set as my text alert tone. Maybe I am different than most women... but I love the looks of the thing.

Takami826

Reaction score
I'm a droid loving woman who likens the iPhone to an accessory you show off to your friends like your over-dressed teacup dog...

I love droid.
I love the tech.
I LOVE shopsavvy, I saved myself about $10 on a dvd set today because of it.
I LOVE find starbucks, LOVE my slowly chosen apps, LOVE the speed, LOVE the camera, LOVE everything about it so far

R

racklefratz

I'm a droid loving woman who likens the iPhone to an accessory you show off to your friends like your over-dressed teacup dog...

I love droid.
I love the tech.
I LOVE shopsavvy, I saved myself about $10 on a dvd set today because of it.
I LOVE find starbucks, LOVE my slowly chosen apps, LOVE the speed, LOVE the camera, LOVE everything about it so far

I'm gratified by your and the other women's posts that focus on the Droid's capabilities, rather than it's "sex appeal". I'm male, but I don't do "political correctness", sexist stuff, and all that pop-culture garbage.

IMO, if it works and does what it's supposed to, it's doing its job. Judge it on its merits, and make your decisions based on that (and you obviously are).

And, again IMO, this phone has a LOT of merits. Room for improvement? Sure, and that'll happen in due time.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread may deserve a stick gy the end of the night. Come on all you female users. Let us hear your voice on this topic

djstar2k2

Reaction score
my girl and my mom dig my droid. im gettin mom eris on xmas cant have mom making me look bad out here lol. but most ladies i ask about the promos thought they were slick as hell and dig the all out assult type adver they been using

jenjen

Reaction score
Another female Droid-lover here. I don't particularly care that it's not the "sexiest" phone I've ever owned; if that was my priority, I'd have kept my shiny LG enV3. I can't even really express everything that I like about it...I guess it's just that it DOES. :D Worlds away from a dumbphone, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to one, nor can I foresee wanting to.

lauriep

Reaction score
Female here, have been posting here since weeks before the release, and LOVE this phone. Don't find the commercial sexist (I have more important things to worry about, sheesh) but find it a bit sexist that you GUYS would even need to ask us if we like how our phones look. Or that we would somehow be drawn to the iPhone, or something similar, for how it LOOKS. Really? Surely you don't think, or mean to imply, that we are that shallow? I sincerely hope not.

I love this phone for what it can DO. And I appreciate the simple, clean lines.

juliem

Reaction score
I agree with lauriep above. do you guys really think that women only care about the look of the phone, rather than functionality? If true, that's rather disappointing.

I'm another female, who needs a smartphone that (a) makes high-quality calls (which the droid is now capable of) (b) syncs with my online contacts/calendar/etc and (c) has web access and decent apps. Frankly, I think the droid is kind of ugly, but since its a damn good smartphone, I'm happy to overlook that in favor of functionality.