[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Are there any little tricks that keep the system running smoother on this high mileage engine? Or should I prepare my D3 for an upcoming funeral?

Not really. At least, not that I know of.

fatfishy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get this running on the new Safe Strap 3? All I get is a lit up black screen when trying to boot. Does the rom need an update for it to work?

H.Wordsmythe

Reaction score
Hi there - long time lurker, first time poster. I don't know if anyone still follows this thread, or if everyone has moved on to the Haters ROM, but in hopes that someone will see this and have an answer, I'll go ahead and post my question...

I'm having major issues with battery life on this ROM. Standby is great, but when I'm using the phone, the battery drops 1% every 1-2 minutes. I've attempted battery calibration as recommended earlier in this thread (both manual and via app), but it hasn't worked. I made sure my battery was full when I flashed the ROM, and I followed wiping protocol before and after installation. I'm stumped. Do I just need to start over and flash it again? I hope to find a solution, because apart from this one issue, I'm loving this ROM!

alowbman

Reaction score
Are running an overclocked version? Because if you are i5 eats the battery very quickly as do all overclocked ROMs it seems. I am on MavRom 4.5 without overclock and battery seems to be stable. I tried Eclipse 3.0 and had the same issues that you are having with overclocked version.

H.Wordsmythe

Reaction score
No, I'm running the non-OC'd version. And before I tried Eclipse, I tried Maverick 4.5 and had exactly the same problem. Odd, no? Although the Mavrom 4.5 thread does have quite a few posts about poor battery life... Still it makes me wonder about my battery. If I didn't have significantly better battery life on the stock ROM, I'd suspect it was just the hardware.

fatfishy

Reaction score
I didn't realize eclipse had become haters gonna hate rom but it installed for me on safestrap 3 and wifi tether is working so thanks for the heads up, pretty sure this ones is gonna be my daily. Sounds like you have a bad/old battery, have you tried a different one?

H.Wordsmythe

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it could be a bad battery, but then why is the life on stock so much better? Last night I switched back over to my non-safe system when my battery in Eclipse was showing as 78%. Once I rebooted into non-safe, my battery showed 90%. Frustrating... Especially because Eclipse is about 100x better than stock in every other way!

H.Wordsmythe

Reaction score
Well, I just put in a new 1700mah battery, and there's no difference. I took the precaution of wiping battery stats before swapping batteries, and I left the phone off while charging up the new one, but still no luck. Damn. Guess I'll have to seriously consider switching to the Haters rom...