[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Considering that this is a port of a Bionic ROM, there won't be any added features.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bionic has ICS now. If there is a 4 it will most likely be ICS, not GB.

y0himba

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the built-in Mobile Hotspot to work? I get "the application entitlement (process.com.motorola.service.vzw.entitlement) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
It is written earlier in the topic. At least two times by me alone. Use wifi tether application from store

y0himba

Reaction score
Yes, I saw after reading 36 pages that the Mobile Hotspot was not working and that a workaround was to use Android Wifi Tether. I even installed the latest experimental version from the Google Code page, rather than the Play Store. I was hoping however that since the last post someone had figured out a patch or had rectified the issue. Thank you though, for your uselessly superior attempt to admonish me.

Is anyone working on the issue or has support stopped for this version of this ROM? It will be a shame if it has, since out of the 4 ROMs in installed using Safestrap last night, this is the fastest and least battery intensive ROM.

Also, what is the launcher used? I know it says Eclipse Launcher 2, however is it based on another launcher? Can it be upgraded to include more features? Such as more Hotseats?

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
instead of believing that somebody is after your ass, try reading more carefully the post/topics. Shall i quote my last 3-4 posts or you cand find them yourself?
If every newcomer would ask the same 2-3 questions, and after that complain about being taken so hard..what would this topic become?

Everybody, including me, was in your shoes...but there is a search button. Or perhaps the asnwers lies in those 36 pages we just said you had read..

Lets see:
hotspot..asked.
Future rom support...asked.
what next?

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
cobravnm13 said:
Considering that this is a port of a Bionic ROM, there won't be any added features.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Et...voila! Just a page behind.

y0himba

Reaction score
Speaking of reading:
I was hoping however that since the last post ...

As for your double post, this is not a "feature" it is an issue, a "bug" I was requesting information on.

Information instead of the requisite "look it up" would have been nice, and much more helpful.

Thank you again. I now know who not to rely on for information, and will not be replying to your argumentative, snide posts.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw after reading 36 pages that the Mobile Hotspot was not working and that a workaround was to use Android Wifi Tether. I even installed the latest experimental version from the Google Code page, rather than the Play Store. I was hoping however that since the last post someone had figured out a patch or had rectified the issue. Thank you though, for your uselessly superior attempt to admonish me.

Is anyone working on the issue or has support stopped for this version of this ROM? It will be a shame if it has, since out of the 4 ROMs in installed using Safestrap last night, this is the fastest and least battery intensive ROM.

Also, what is the launcher used? I know it says Eclipse Launcher 2, however is it based on another launcher? Can it be upgraded to include more features? Such as more Hotseats?

The launcher is custom made using a bit of AOSP and Blur (IIRC) by Nitroglycerine33 himself. There are no added functions to it other than what you see there. Just build to be lighter than blur.

Sent, in between data drops, from my SCH-i515.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, let's try to be a little more helpful all around here.

y0himba

Reaction score
The launcher is custom made using a bit of AOSP and Blur (IIRC) by Nitroglycerine33 himself. There are no added functions to it other than what you see there. Just build to be lighter than blur.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

My knowledge doesn't extent to disabling launchers. Is it detrimental to run another launcher without removing or disabling the built-in launcher? Don't get me wrong, I love the work done on it.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

My knowledge doesn't extent to disabling launchers. Is it detrimental to run another launcher without removing or disabling the built-in launcher? Don't get me wrong, I love the work done on it.

No sir. You can leave it. Install another of your choosing. Holo was my favorite on my D3.