[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
y0himba said:
Thank you again. I now know who not to rely on for information, and will not be replying to your argumentative, snide posts.

Well, if you put it like this...once you never read my posts...i had doubts that you will ever do..so i was not counting on my posts to make a difference in your search. Probably yours are more important.

Due to my respect to the developers involved in this thread, i will end my discussion here.
Have a nice search life.

crackface

Reaction score
Hi, I've been on the non OC version for some time now, and the only issue I have is that at seemingly random times, it takes 2-5 mins to get a gps lock. Once I have it, I can reaquire immediately, even after rebooting phone. So while I seem to have trouble making the issue occur after the 1st time, it does at some point happen again.....I just don't know what the trigger is.

Any advice?

Download FasterFix from the Play Store, Give that a shot.

I tried FasterFix, and I run into the same issue. It's typically when I go to use it for the first time. Any attempts fail to reproduce the issue after it gets a lock - including restarting Google Nav, rebooting phone, rebooting phone and waiting an hour (not sure what else there is to try). But then a couple days later and I go to launch it for first time again (in that 2 day span) and initial lock might (not always) take a few mins to get a lock. Don't know if related, but I've also in recent weeks experienced issues with Google Nav thinking I was on a different road than what I was really on. These weren't roads that were real close and parallel either (which is an understandable symptom if they were). The last time I was cranking down a highway in CT and halfway down the 20'ish minute highway trip it kept putting me on background that were close (but not THAT close) to the highway for about 10 mins and kept having to recalculate directions.

Any advice is appreciated if anyone has any!!

Oh yeah - one more question....are a lot of people switching from this Eclipse 3.0 ROM to Haters Gonna Hate v4? Wondering if there's value in me switching, as it generally takes me a day or 2 on and off to get all apps and whatnot reconfigured on a new ROM. Or wondering if I should perhaps wait and see where this kexec thing goes...

UltraMagnus0001

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the ring Lockscreen from eclipse 3.0 unto eclipse 2.2.2? I like the colors better from 2.2.2 and I like the ring lockscreen with the apps on 3.0, so I'm torn.

When I flashed the battery mod I takes away the 1.2 overclock.

roadtonever

Reaction score
glad it worked and your up and running

th stock verizon hotspot app is broken in eclipse but Wi-Fi tether for root users for me personally has pretty much always worked..my only problem with it is that it does not have a USB option which caused me to recently do the radio hack which now allows me to use quick USB tether successfully.. as far as the launcher pro question I will let someone else chime in as I am a go launcher user lol
Is this the radio hack you're talking about? [GUIDE]TBH inspired Free wireless tethering hack instructions for Droid 3 - xda-developers

roadtonever

Reaction score
Hello!

Camcorder doesn't work for me... I was on eclipse v1.2, for some freezes I made the change for V1.1. All was functional and perfect, but camcorder closes the camera aplication when press the record button for start recording.

Thanks for that great job with this rom, is amazing!

Late reply but I'm having this issue too. Tried replacing Camera.apk with 906 Blurcamera.apk but saw the same behaviour. :(

cacess

Reaction score
Just Installed this Eclipse V 3.0 Rom, coming from Mav 4.0 which took a dump all of a sudden, will get up and running to my liking and provide update. So far, Buttery Smooth, and Fast....Nice, Work....wheres a link or Email to Donate!!

roadtonever

Reaction score
I agree, smooth and fast :) Do check if you have issues with the camcorder, please.

cacess

Reaction score
roadtonever said:
I agree, smooth and fast :) Do check if you have issues with the camcorder, please.

Nope no Issues here, worked fine.

cacess

Reaction score
roadtonever said:

Yup, working fine for me....installed ROM as instructed.

cacess

Reaction score
Seems like you gotta give the ROM like about a week to get settled in, cuz it just keep getting better and better. Got the Holo Launcher rocking and its just awesome, everything is working fine. Got the CPU Setup app running a profile to underclock CPU when screen is Off and it totally has extended Battery Life. Great ROM for our older Ginbread Device, waiting on the next Nexus with Hopefully a QWERTY Keyboard, 4.5in Screen, 2Gb Ram, 1.2ghz or faster of course and at least Duel Core....plz plz...LOL for now, Rocking my Droid 3

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I've had E3.0 installed for several months now and love it. But, starting to get some problems(MAJOR lag, redraw issues, random reboots, freezing, etc....you get the idea).

I'm no Dev so I'm not entirely sure what does what, but will wiping my cache periodically help with problems like this? Kind of a tune-up maybe?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Clearing cache will help slighlty with some of your issues, but it won't solve them, unfortunately.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Are there any little tricks that keep the system running smoother on this high mileage engine? Or should I prepare my D3 for an upcoming funeral?