[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

crackface

Reaction score
Wifi tethering

I was on the 2.2 ROM (1.1 flavor), and as I saw posted somewhere, mobile hotspot with radio hack didn't work as it did on rooted stock. It FC'd when I tried to use it. I downloaded the wifi tether app from play store, and even though the big wifi icon was yellow (I thought it was supposed to be green), it actually worked when using my laptop. I went to use it the next day, and was unable to connect with 2 different laptops.

I then upgraded to 3.0 no OC version of ROM, and running into the same issue. I can see the network from laptop, but can't get to internet when connecting. And of course 3G is on.

I seem to recall the wifi tether app didn't work on rooted stock, which is why I went with radio hack.

Any ideas on how to get wifi tether working in this ROM?

And a totally unrelated question - I've always used Launcher Pro, and installed after flashing 3.0 ROM, but I can't seem to get the number of unread SMS msgs to show just above the text message icon in tray on home screen like I'm used to seeing. Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

Thx in advance for any help on these items...

And great ROM!!

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That worked...thanks for the help guys....nice ROM
glad it worked and your up and running

I was on the 2.2 ROM (1.1 flavor), and as I saw posted somewhere, mobile hotspot with radio hack didn't work as it did on rooted stock. It FC'd when I tried to use it. I downloaded the wifi tether app from play store, and even though the big wifi icon was yellow (I thought it was supposed to be green), it actually worked when using my laptop. I went to use it the next day, and was unable to connect with 2 different laptops.

I then upgraded to 3.0 no OC version of ROM, and running into the same issue. I can see the network from laptop, but can't get to internet when connecting. And of course 3G is on.

I seem to recall the wifi tether app didn't work on rooted stock, which is why I went with radio hack.

Any ideas on how to get wifi tether working in this ROM?

And a totally unrelated question - I've always used Launcher Pro, and installed after flashing 3.0 ROM, but I can't seem to get the number of unread SMS msgs to show just above the text message icon in tray on home screen like I'm used to seeing. Is there a setting I'm missing for this?

Thx in advance for any help on these items...

And great ROM!!
th stock verizon hotspot app is broken in eclipse but Wi-Fi tether for root users for me personally has pretty much always worked..my only problem with it is that it does not have a USB option which caused me to recently do the radio hack which now allows me to use quick USB tether successfully.. as far as the launcher pro question I will let someone else chime in as I am a go launcher user lol

Bobbar

Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for a while so this is probably a stupid question.

Do you need to be on .906 to flash this?

I currently have Safestrap with Steeldroid 1 in non-safe and Hashcodes ICS in safe.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If not, does that mean I'll be missing out on .906s benefits? Camera tweaks, crash fixed, etc?

Most of that should be fixed with a ROM, anyway.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ya i only say recommended for the 906 kernel and radio. Other than that this is 906

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bobbar

Reaction score
Ya i only say recommended for the 906 kernel and radio. Other than that this is 906

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Kernel and radio, that's what I was thinking.

Bah! Now I'm ambivalent. :unsure:

Thanks for the replies.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Kernel and radio, that's what I was thinking.

Bah! Now I'm ambivalent. :unsure:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, that's the only reason, honestly. For me, it wasn't much of an upgrade.

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ya the update was minimal and not much benifit..but alas its the new version so i gotta have new lol

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
ya the update was minimal and not much benifit..but alas its the new version so i gotta have new lol

Yep. :)

DroidDetox

Reaction score
Anyone noticing any sound out issues with the ROM? About every 1 out of every 10 times my audio out (speaker/headphone jack) will stop working, music and/or ringtone. A simple screen off/on cycle or toggling some sounds will fix it. My wife and I both have XT862s running Eclipse 1.2OC, both have this issue... absolutely love this ROM! any ideas?