[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 Droid 3 Port

nikesfr

Reaction score
I would advise against that. I would recommend just adding the proper build.prop edits back in after installing 3.0. I think there are a good bit of differences between 2.2 and 3.0 that could result in you softbricking your device, if not careful, unless you're using safestrap. I might be wrong so I would wait and let davros, or another dev, answer your question.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

thanks, i wait an answer of dev...

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
I am missing something..or do i have to make some build.prop edits in order to use xt862 on gsm? I am using it an it work flawless. Am I forgetting something?

And regarding the lapdock..is there any lapdock application installed?

pm2gonzales

Reaction score
I am missing something..or do i have to make some build.prop edits in order to use xt862 on gsm? I am using it an it work flawless. Am I forgetting something?

XT862 GSM user in Canada here, I got it to work without editing anything. I got a single random process.media.com FC on the first reboot, but that might hav ebeen titanium backup related.

On another note, I have been getting phone freezes. Like after a while of the screen being off, I'll try to turn the screen on and it simply won't turn on. I end up having to do a battery pull. I am using the non-overclocked versionAny ideas?

Last edited:

pistacio

Reaction score
......And regarding the lapdock..is there any lapdock application installed?......

There is a webtop.apk, and phoneportal.apk in the system/app folder...they also show in titanium backup.

Which lapdock are you using...from the Atrix? Bionic? Always wondered if the D3 fit in one, or would ever work with one...then I bought a XOOM, lol.

Last edited:

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
XT862 GSM user in Canada here, I got it to work without editing anything. I got a single random process.media.com FC on the first reboot, but that might hav ebeen titanium backup related.

On another note, I have been getting phone freezes. Like after a while of the screen being off, I'll try to turn the screen on and it simply won't turn on. I end up having to do a battery pull. I am using the non-overclocked versionAny ideas?

Try lower oc voltage of not oc at all

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

lol hes using the non-oc..i havent tried it but can you lower the voltage on the non-oc?

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Yes, i am also gsm user on xt 862 in europe...and the rom works without any build.prop edits...but i was wondering if the edits were needed to make things better.

And what edits were you talking about?

I am using the lapdock for atrix. The droid 3 works with it, you just have to chage the connectors and do a little change to the platic holder..but nothing very difficult. There is a thread about this on xda.
When i was using maverick rom, it showed mirror display. But on eclipse...nothing. just motorola logo. And on the phone screen it appears to make a selection between lapdock and mirror display, but it disappears in the same second..and the screen goes black.

nikesfr

Reaction score
i just install eclipse 3 non oc over the 2.2 with simple wipe, all works great and gsm is here. I just have two fc of motorolaprocess.com at any boot ...
for a good gsm bar signal i edit in buid.prop the line :
ro.mot.phonemode.vzwglobalphone=0 (instead of 1)
and all the gsm bar are here
very very good job on this rom

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
what is the TERMINAL used for anyway?

and any help on the webdock application? :) somehow the Webtop apk is not working in this ROM.

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It's the application that allows the phone to connect to the lapdock. It's on the newer phones since it is supposed to have 1 gig of RAM to function properly.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
this is how it should look
[video=youtube;4OQB2dUEWOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OQB2dUEWOs[/video]

killlove4047

Reaction score
Compared with v2.2, v3.0 ROM is smooth but the cost more electricity, especially when using 3G.
If you can improve this, i think V3.0 is the best ROM for D3.
Great work, than you!