Droid X Speaker Volume

raptor5618

Reaction score
I have missed many calls because I did not hear it ringing. Then today it was so low when looking for a louder ring-tone that you had to put it to your ear just to hear something. Thinking my speaker died I plugged in head phones and the volume jumped up immediately. It was weird that both the speaker and headphones had volume. I have not gotten a call since then but a few droid notifications are loud enough to hear but they were not so loud that I think it made it better than before.

AlyssaJ78

Reaction score
Volume Issues

Hi! I am also having a problem with volume issues. I LOVE my phone, I previously had an IPhone and I never had a problem with the volume. I used my IPhone for reminders and as an alarm as well. Unfortuantely, with the DroidX I am unable to use the alarm because you can hardly hear it when it goes off. I have slept right through it. I sure hope that they rectify this problem, QUICK!

cardinalmedtype

Reaction score
Called tech support, than motorola, motorola said they are aware of this problem, and to call Verizon to get a new phone. Which I did and they are sending me one. I doubt very much if this low ring problem will be fixed with the new phone. I think Motorola tech was brushing me off. I will return the phone.

I am female and put this phone in my purse, imagine how low it is in the purse, impossible to hear.

Too bad though, did like the phone, especially swype and browsing. I had a blackberry and the ringer was amazing, heard that ring.

I think more people should call both Verizon and Motorola and complain. Every tech I spoke to from Verizon said they never heard of this problem. I say, well why don't you read the message forums on your product.

phatkat66

Reaction score
They aren't stupid, they KNOW. But the population of complaints to VZ and Moto need to increase. There's a thread a guy started telling us to call them and speak to lvl 1 tech support and complain to them and tell them it doesnt work so word can get in to higher ups.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Called tech support, than motorola, motorola said they are aware of this problem, and to call Verizon to get a new phone. Which I did and they are sending me one. I doubt very much if this low ring problem will be fixed with the new phone. I think Motorola tech was brushing me off. I will return the phone.

I am female and put this phone in my purse, imagine how low it is in the purse, impossible to hear.

Too bad though, did like the phone, especially swype and browsing. I had a blackberry and the ringer was amazing, heard that ring.

I think more people should call both Verizon and Motorola and complain. Every tech I spoke to from Verizon said they never heard of this problem. I say, well why don't you read the message forums on your product.

Write, apparently the world owes you something. My ringer is just fine. Its lid and clear. You probably do just have a bad speaker. But obviously since you're a woman - they're just brushing you off

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (

yellar

Reaction score
I have had this low volume problem too. I plugged in a set of headphones and holy crap! I think maybe they got the audio outputs switched because the headphones get loud enough to make my ears ring, while the phone speaker output sounds like its barely making any sound at all. I hope they fix this or let us switch them out. Its rediculous that walking thru any store or even in my own living room I can't hear the thing ring.

I also have pretty low volume on the earpiece for call volume. Sometimes I have to ask people to repeat themselves alot especially if I have any background noise at all.

themistah

Reaction score
Yeah volume on Droid Eris was much louder...but this phone is still the sh*t.

denlem

Reaction score
Before even finding this thread, I went to the Verizon kiosk today in the local BJ's store (Sam's Club/Costco type warehouse store) to check out the "X". While checking it out, one of the things I was concerned about was volume.

The speaker on my Droid is loud and clear, and the ringer is the best i've had on any phone. I don't even need to be full volume when listening to Pandora or Slacker Radio when outside listening.

When I tried to listen to the "X" with just a ringtone in a loud store, I could barely hear it.

I then pulled out my Droid and made that ring with the same ringtone, "Noisey One".

When my Droid rang, people around the kiosk turned and looked, but nobody flinched when the "X" rang.

I even pulled up some You Tube videos and the volume was weak with them too.

Maybe in a quiet home environment the "X" will seem loud, but out in the real world this is definately a problem.

If I can't hear an alert on a phone, it's a big concern to me. I planned on getting the phone, but after 45 minutes of playing with it, my number one concern on any phone was the number one problem, so I walked out and kept my original Droid active.

Mrhh56

Reaction score
Cannot hear ring-we all need to call verizon & motorola

I had the Motorola Droid, with the slide out keyboard, and could hear every call coming in and every text/email alert. Now I have the Droid X and cannot hear it unless it is very quiet. I just got a leather case for my belt so I am certain I will never hear the phone ring if the phone is in the case. Even with the phone face down on the console of my car with the stereo on at low volumes I cannot hear the phone ring. One lady posted she cannot hear the phone if its in her purse....good point and proof the volume is not high enough.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon. I urge everyone to contact Verizon on a phone other than the Droid X so they can walk you through the usual steps that will not correct the problem.

Luckily, the Verizon representative I worked with contacted Motorola with me on the line. After their usual steps the Motorola representative obtained the Motorola Droid and the Droid X and compared the volume and everyone agreed there is a difference.

Now contact Verizon and Motorola so we can keep our X's. If this cannot be fixed I will be forced to get another phone.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
i dont know if this is good news to you guys or not but i have a friend who just recieved his today and his ringer seemed to be pretty loud...maybe its fixed in the newer batches of phones that are being shipped now?

ksnake

Reaction score
this is opposite for me, maybe I need a new phone. My Motorola droid is very low for media like music and movies and i even use a small amp to make it bearable. Any other droid users notice that compare to a regular ipod the media volume is VERY low.

Nick V

Reaction score
I don't know, but someone needs to do something about it.. Its all over the internet that this is a problem.. and yes there is a guy somewhere that tells you to call the verizon tech and it should go up the ladder... I got mine the first day and the volume blows! I had a blackberry curve and that volume could wake the dead! thats how i want it!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is opposite for me, maybe I need a new phone. My Motorola droid is very low for media like music and movies and i even use a small amp to make it bearable. Any other droid users notice that compare to a regular ipod the media volume is VERY low.

moto droid1? mine is very loud and i got it the first week (the one i got the first day of release bricked) sometimes too loud when i have the media volume high and someone hits me on TIKL.... i use vmoda headphones, the speaker volume is high too... haven't heard of an android phone with a louder speaker... this thread kinda killed my will to get a droid x ... i can't stand a low speaker or media volume as my surroundings are usually loud

cp1224

Reaction score
I did the update and the sound got worse. And for all of you, "it isn't that bad" people, that's because you got a phone that works. I would be happy to switch phones with you. We aren't imagining this, dweebs. We've used phones before.

jaydog88

Reaction score
i dont know if this is good news to you guys or not but i have a friend who just recieved his today and his ringer seemed to be pretty loud...maybe its fixed in the newer batches of phones that are being shipped now?

Can you get a picture of your friends back of the phone and also find out what firmware he has.
Maybe something changed in the newe shipment.