Droid X Speaker Volume

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by BryanW17, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Droidxer10

Droidxer10 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even if it is actually Moto who will make the fix and not Verizon, presumably Moto will not bother to make the fix without the requisite request and prodding from Verizon, no? And wouldn't Moto and Verizon have to work together at least a bit at some level in order to generate a system update that codes the phone firmware to send more power to the phone speakers when users turn the volume way up, for instance?

2. truthhungry

truthhungry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Speaker volume

I thought it was just me...sadly, I wish I was! Loving the X but the volume is too low for a phone that is being marketed for media use. I shouldn't have to hold the phone to my ear to watch a movie or video. All volume settings are maxed. Any ideas out there?

3. rothnic

rothnic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

This is interesting(anandtech review). All I know is that the droid x is waaay louder than my first gen iPhone I'm coming from.

4. bishop7262

bishop7262 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    after seeing that graph you would think that the speaker volume would not be so low. I have to agree that the speaker volume is an issue. It is definitely not loud when it is set to the max. Anyone know if they will/planning on fixing this with an update?

5. Droid REX

Droid REX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I to do not like the volume is too low I talk with big M today and told them about that. also said when you play music and the ph go in hibernation it stop the music
    they need a screen saver that black out, so it works right M says that there new update may fix later so al u can do is turn screen so it never shut off then lower your briteness so u can save battery i spent hours on this mmmm

6. vtbobm

vtbobm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DROID X speaker inferior to comparable devices

I've just switched to the DROID X from the BB Tour... wow am i disappointed in the speaker capabilities!! Pandora is almost unusable with this 'multimedia phone'. Quite a disappointment.

7. Arcstriker

Arcstriker Member

Ratings:
    +0

Wait... So your saying YOUR Droid X stops playing music when the screen blanks (I.E after 30 seconds or 1 minute depending on settings)????

I'm testing this on my Droid X, and have had no stopping of any music. Tried it both with Bluetooth stereo headset and playing over the built in speaker. My music continues as it should always has and I've had mine since launch.

8. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It could be a setting in his battery management to kill tasks after a certain period the way they kill your 3g if you dont use your phone within a certain time (to save battery) It doesnt sound like an issue, more of a forgotten setting you didnt realize you placed.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Looking at this graph, either my speaker isnt good, or I used the louder volume hack.

He also tested this for in calls only. My speaker for that, FR Radio, and Radio Time app is fine. Its ringtone, alarms thats low.

Since root is here, Imma see if the Low Volume Hack I used on my Droid works on the X.

10. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Plz let us know how that goes. I really can't stand my volume settings even with headphones on im getting aggravated how mediocre the volume is on MAX.

11. cardinalmedtype

cardinalmedtype New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Droid X. I cannot hear the phone ring when I it is in my pocketbook. I have searched on The Market for ringtones that might be louder and downloaded a "pay for" RCP, that was a waste, there were no loud ring tones.

I do not want music. I had a great loud ringtone for my BB that I could hear in my pocketbook. It was called Tune_BackFugueDminor.

Does anyone know if I can get that ringtone or if there is a App to get really loud ringtones.

12. cardinalmedtype

cardinalmedtype New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cannot hear phone ring

I have reported the problem to tech support. This is riduculous.

Search tags for this page
droid bionic earspeaker volume patch
droid x speaker loudness

droid x speaker volume

how do you increase volume on droid speaker phone
how to boost my volume on my droidx
how to increase verizon motorola speaker volumne
how to increase volume on droid x
how to increase volumn moto x
increase volume on droid x
make droid x speaker volume louder