Droid X Speaker Volume

BryanW17

Reaction score
I have an original Droid and upgraded to the Droid X this morning and I have noticed my droid speaker is louder than my Droid X anyone else in the same boat?

Hypermentality

Reaction score
I have an original Droid and upgraded to the Droid X this morning and I have noticed my droid speaker is louder than my Droid X anyone else in the same boat?
YESSS!!! I am with ya! I came from a Blackberry 9530, overall on the Blackberry the volume was stupid loud and with the new Droid X, I am having a hard time hearing the quieter ringtone as well as the speakerphone when turned on. I am currently doin some online research to find out if theres an app or something that will allow us to increase the volume dramatically. So far I have not found anything helpful. I am hoping that theres an app out there somewhere! Anybody who knows or has any information leading to a solution is **greatly** appreciated!!!

zook_b

Reaction score
I have the same experience with the speaker. Its not as loud as the droid was, but isnt that bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

batz

Reaction score
haha i thought i was the only one who noticed this

OP
B

BryanW17

Reaction score
Yeah I guess we all just got spoiled by the loudness of the droid but in time I will get used to it but I absolutely love this phone.

rboutin2

Reaction score
I thot i was stupid for caring about this. I guess im not the only one. anyone found a way to increase the volume yet? I'm assuming the driod x has the same speaker as the original droid, so it's probably a software thing right?

OP
B

BryanW17

Reaction score
it might be a software thing my droid is rooted with BB 0.4 so maybe he tweaked with the volume

karmajay

Reaction score
I think the speaker is just smaller. Look at the droid the speaker goes across the whole back of the phone!

rboutin2

Reaction score
yeah, but i read somewhere that the speaker in the original droid in actually just in the middle. The holster case supports that too, cuz it only has the speaker hole in the middle.

_scooby_

Reaction score
Yeah i have noticed the same thing. Its rather depressing. Debating weather or not to go back to my droid.

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
yup this is something that people never touch on in their reviews and I hope there's a fix coming because this is so disappointing.

Rick Tanner

Reaction score
Quiet

This is a big problem to me and something i was happy with on my Droid. The X isn't even close in volume. When set on my dash in GPS mode which is great i cannot answer a call because i can't hear the damn thing. Between this, the camera not working and the 4 hard keys i am not a happy camper.

outkastragtop

Reaction score
yea i do not understand what's going on. In-call volume and speaker are unbearably low and this was not mentioned in a single review. In face, most reviews i read and watched said how loud and clear they were. Whattt can we do about this it's driving me nuts.

Lightninrod

Reaction score
This may be a deal breaker for me as I decide which smart phone to buy. My current Alias 2 is loud in fact, I turn the call volume down two notches. If this isn't fixed with a software update, I may have to choose the iphone 4...