Droid X 2.2 Speaker

droidxderp

Reaction score
So, when I first got my Droid X I was REALLY pissed with how not loud the speaker was. I could barely hear anything coming out of it. If it wasn't for vibrate I'd have 500 unread messages... so I decided to look up Droid X speaker issues to see if I was the only one having the problems, which I wasn't. And according to the internet, the speaker problem had to do with the software. I was told that when Froyo 2.2 was released for the phone, the speaker would be louder. So 2 days ago I upgraded to 2.2. I was all excited for the loud speaker. So my phone restarted and the first thing I tried out was the speaker. I played some music and it was NO LOUDER!!! Once again I looked up Droid X 2.2 speaker and everyones saying that their speakers are definitely louder with 2.2 than with 2.1. Am I the only one who's speaker is STILL NOT LOUD? My friends HTC Droid Incredible's speaker is still blowing mine out of the water!:mad:

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Mine isnt as loud as other phones Ive had, but its acceptable (to me). I dont think its a software issue, otherwise we would all have this problem.

I know that the speaker hole on the back can easily be blocked, if you set the phone down on its back.

If you cover the back speaker with your finger does the sound get much quieter, almost impossible to hear? If not, your speaker opening could be blocked. Is your sound loud when the phone is placed face down?

Is your headphone volume ok? If your ringer isnt loud enough, create your own ringtone with a loud song, and see if that helps.

good luck!