Is the volume louder with leaked froyo 2.2?

jaydog88

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else thinks the volume is louder with the new leaked froyo 2.2 for the Droid X....

Maybe someone can start a poll on this.......

steeleshark2

Reaction score
I notice my volume a bit louder especially watching movies with the external speaker. Still needs improvement IMO.

tobytl

Reaction score
I'm not sure it got louder, but I can understand it much easier. Can't say for sure it's actually louder. (maybe they adjusted the dynamic range?)

ggaabe

Reaction score
well a week or 2 ago a dude who works for motorola posted on the site that the issue has been fixed, and it probably would be in this update, so it probably is

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I see a lot of posts complaining about audio loudness.... mine is loud and clear. In fact, I had to turn it down from default it was so loud.

Maybe it just varies by unit, like with anything else?

ggaabe

Reaction score
It says "enhanced audio quality." Does that mean louder? ;)

This is for the Drod but I'm pretty sure the X will be the same.

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

But that's the original Droid. The moto rep on the site specifically mentioned that the X's volume issue would be fixed.

Could be. I guess you'll have to get 2.2 and find out.

Well I do have 2.2, and it does sound louder now but I feel like the quality got a little decreased from 2.1, the same way you can expand a image but the pixels get more blurry. I don't think it'd be that good for playing music and stuff on max volume from the phones speakers, but for ringtones so you could actually hear the phone and speakerphone is definitely OK.

Guyute

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts complaining about audio loudness.... mine is loud and clear. In fact, I had to turn it down from default it was so loud.

I agree, I found mine to be loud enough right out of the box. I had it on my kitchen counter and I was outside and could hear it ring from 20 feet away through a sliding glass door. I was surprized to see people on the forum with volume issues.

johaBBa

Reaction score
The external speaker seems slightly louder. I use vibrate for ringer and haven't had a problem missing notifications. The headphone volume still seems the same. I had a iCan't 3G before getting a DX. The volume and bass especially was better on 3G.

I could always use the 3G as music player, I guess...

The DX is just about loud enough for me at full volume for headphones, but sometimes on really good songs I wish it had 2-3 more clicks...

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
I got 2.2 and the external speaker volume got a lot louder. I now have to turn my media volume down 2 or 3 notches.

Lightninrod

Reaction score

Ditto!

Just called my doctor's office and put my X on Speaker phone so my wife could hear both sides of the conversation. She was impressed with the volume too as she could hear the nurse over our washing machine.

My X is 'stock' and still on 2.1.